easy kick on arana

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Matme1987

easy kick on arana

Post by Matme1987 »

Hello,

I got kicked out of an arena table again for being a few minutes late at the start of the game... I'd been waiting for a while and didn't see the game start. No warning, AS I'VE ALREADY SAID HERE!

THIS SHOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE WHEN THE GAME HASN'T STARTED.

I don't care about ELO points but every time my karma drops and now I can't even play in the arena. I'm thinking more and more about stopping playing this game because of the stupidity of some of the players here...
Jellby

Re: easy kick on arana

Post by Jellby »

Don't play real-time Arena if you can't be ready whenever the game starts. Doing something else while waiting fora game to start is tempting, but risky, especially if this something else involves a BGA game table (watching replay, playing a tutorial, playing a turn-based game), as that tends to block notifications (in my experience).
Matme1987

Post by Matme1987 »

Playing turn-by-turn in tichu is really restrictive and time-consuming. I don't understand why it wouldn't be possible to validate the start of the game (as in normal mode) while keeping intact the advantages of the arena, i.e. random teams with players unknown before the start of the game.
Paper Monocrat

Post by Paper Monocrat »

Matme1987 wrote: 19 May 2024, 13:13 Playing turn-by-turn in tichu is really restrictive and time-consuming. I don't understand why it wouldn't be possible to validate the start of the game (as in normal mode) while keeping intact the advantages of the arena, i.e. random teams with players unknown before the start of the game.
Because match-making is blind to preserve randomness/fairness, if one could simply cancel when they saw who the others players are, then it's not totally random and it'd likely make it even harder to get arena games to happen. If you click, be available.
Matme1987

Post by Matme1987 »

I don't agree with you...you could very well imagine validating the start of the game by staying with unknown table mates when you validate the start of the game.

What's more, it seems difficult to be available all the time, given that you can wait for hours for an arena game...and I can't be on bga all the time for hours on end: toilets, postman, neighbours etc... Especially as some players kick out without waiting...

Expelling someone when no shot has been played seems crazy to me.
TetsuoBW

Post by TetsuoBW »

What I do when queuing for arena is I use my phone next to my computer and while I am doing other things I simply can tell if arena game has started. Also if u use that method with the phone you can also go to toilet or wherever u wanna go while queuing.
Then when game is found I just play from PC which is more convenient.
Bastian_Feuerstein

Post by Bastian_Feuerstein »

I understand this happens two me two times i did no noticed it too i was on the toilett to long bad things to happen :(
Matme1987

Post by Matme1987 »

In my opinion, it makes more sense not to allow someone to be evicted until the game has started... than to be forced to take a piss with your smartphone...
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

You can stop queuing when you go to the bathroom, and restart after.

Return to “Tichu”