Suggestions

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
2ya

Suggestions

Post by 2ya »

What do you think about the next ones:

1, as the 2nd player has the advantage in a round, the tie breaker rule should be modified:
1a, in case of no 3s and the same amount of colors, the beginner should win, or
1b, if no 3s then the beginner should win anyway

2, in case of "best of 3 or 5", the one who starts in the last round should be decided at that time, not at the beginning (who started the first round will start the last)
Geven040

Re: Suggestions

Post by Geven040 »

I agree about the first suggestion, but not really getting the point of the second one.
2ya

Post by 2ya »

It is simply some psychology: you can't be sure who has the advantage of being second, maybe a little motivation for a more active playing mode.
Emerson_Matt

Post by Emerson_Matt »

I haven't been playing long enough (or maybe well enough) to notice a significant second-player advantage. However, even assuming there is, I think my preference would be to ditch the second tie-breaker entirely. Just have it as a tie if it reaches that point.

In any case, I think the (good) BGA policy about following the published rules is a more important consideration, so I doubt we'll see any change.

Return to “Linx”