16 Satellite Federation

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Slice99

16 Satellite Federation

Post by Slice99 »

I was trying to connect a 16 satellite federation. Actually tried several times. Each time the game would time out while trying to connect to the server. All other actions were fine.

Is there a limit to how many satellites you can have in a federation/total? My total would have been 21.

Thanks in advance.
Slice
Mogri

Re: 16 Satellite Federation

Post by Mogri »

The formula to determine whether a federation is legal is incredibly complicated (at least partly because the rules for whether a federation is legal are rather complicated). In nearly all cases, it's not a problem, but as the number of satellites grows, the memory and time needed grow exponentially.

BGA has an upper limit for both execution time and memory. It looks like you hit the time limit. There's some variance to the execution time, and if you keep trying, it might succeed. 16 satellites will pretty consistently go over time, though.
Slice99

Post by Slice99 »

Thanks. I understand it, but it's still rather frustrating. # of satellites was a game end score tile...
Anadh

Post by Anadh »

Do you have the game replay ID by any chance? Would like to see it, out of curiosity.

My brain cannot conceive how a single 16 satellite federation can be doable and even remotely competitive.
That would require so many power tokens that your entire game would have to be dedicated just to do that and absolutely nothing else, putting you in a losing position every time (?)

Thanks,
A.
Slice99

Post by Slice99 »

Anadh wrote: 08 July 2024, 07:45 Do you have the game replay ID by any chance? Would like to see it, out of curiosity.

My brain cannot conceive how a single 16 satellite federation can be doable and even remotely competitive.
That would require so many power tokens that your entire game would have to be dedicated just to do that and absolutely nothing else, putting you in a losing position every time (?)

Thanks,
A.
I'm sorry. I don't know what the "replay system" is.

Btw, I never said I was good at the game. :D

Return to “Gaia Project”