Logarythm in Numbers

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
SwissChris2

Logarythm in Numbers

Post by SwissChris2 »

From my point of few this game is really badly programmed.
Often the game is not balanced.
As solutions, the logic rhythm should be improved to make the game fairer:
- Starting round: Players should be given similarly fair numbers, not someone 1-20 and the other 9-13
- The probability of new tiles should be taken into account
- It would be nice if the logarithm also took into account the strength of the game: lower players have it a little easier than stronger players
nccc

Re: Logarythm in Numbers

Post by nccc »

This is a luck based game,so it can't be "fairer".
And no house rules,unless u can convince developer to change the rules.
For ur last point, it's impossible, they're already players complaining the game is biased.
If u really implement that, higher elo player WILL ragequit lol.
SwissChris2

Post by SwissChris2 »

It can be fairer, but that requires more commitment from the developers to make the game more meaningful.

Nice example: opponent has numbers between 3-19 at the start, and I have 11-15. I think this can be done better on the programmers' side otherwise there is a big disadvantage right from the start, especially if there are no lower numbers for me for 6 rounds.

With a simple logic rhythm this can be improved and the game will also be better.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

What is logic rhythm?

What logarythm?

(Yes, I know.)
nccc

Post by nccc »

If u want "fair" by manipulating luck, just go play chess.
Or balatro, or bingle bingle.
nccc

Post by nccc »

The game would be extremely boring if it's really fair.
Because first player will always win.
zoomboom

Post by zoomboom »

SwissChris2 wrote: 10 July 2024, 16:14 It can be fairer, but that requires more commitment from the developers to make the game more meaningful.

Nice example: opponent has numbers between 3-19 at the start, and I have 11-15. I think this can be done better on the programmers' side otherwise there is a big disadvantage right from the start, especially if there are no lower numbers for me for 6 rounds.

With a simple logic rhythm this can be improved and the game will also be better.
I think what you mean to say is "algorithm", instead of "logic rhythm".
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

zoomboom wrote: 13 July 2024, 03:46
SwissChris2 wrote: 10 July 2024, 16:14 It can be fairer, but that requires more commitment from the developers to make the game more meaningful.

I think what you mean to say is "algorithm", instead of "logic rhythm".
I like logic rhythm. It sounds like a new game combining boolean algebra with Beat Saber.
Silene

Post by Silene »

Meeplelowda wrote: 13 July 2024, 09:48 I like logic rhythm. It sounds like a new game combining boolean algebra with Beat Saber.
I would definitely play this!
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 7 running in Jul-Nov '24.
Guudys

Post by Guudys »

How is it fairer if you make the game easier for lower ELO players? A fair game should have all players equal, regardless of ranking.

Also the game is called Lucky Numbers, like it's literally in the name. I don't understand the point in wanting to change the game when its main aspect is that there's luck involved, it's in the name of the game itself...

Return to “Lucky Numbers”