Real-time games (time)

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
SonofAleric

Real-time games (time)

Post by SonofAleric »

I think the thinking time for real-time games is too short also in the slow modus

I would like a longer time to think about the game.

A thinking time of 6-10 minutes would be conceivable.

So i would play more real-time games and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that.

I hope you think about it

greetings
Nekojin

Re: Real-time games (time)

Post by Nekojin »

It depends greatly on the game, and how many actions are expected within the span of a single turn. As such, it's impossible to tell what game you're getting frustrated with if you don't mention it.
SonofAleric

Post by SonofAleric »

Generally they are the complex games such as e.g TFM and Arche Nova
JimBut

Post by JimBut »

Checking Ark Nova's stats the average number of turns for a player is 35

If 4 players play 35 6 minute turns that's a 14 hour game (almost 24 hours if they are 10 minute turns).

Obviously not all turns go the full time but I feel like at that point you may as well just play turn based.
Cullich

Post by Cullich »

6 - 10 minutes seems really long to me, and I can't imagine the real-time people around here going for that. Everyone's impatient as heck. In face, I seem to recall they sped it up at one point. I'm fairly patient waiting on turns but that seems long even to me.

I agree the thinking time is way too short, which is why I never play real time except with friends.
Hordil

Post by Hordil »

I'm looking for a game mode with 10-30 seconds maximum per turn and then i see this and i know: i would not join this. ;)

Return to “Suggestions”