Solo Mode in development?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
POtissimus100

Solo Mode in development?

Post by POtissimus100 »

Obviously I know it only just came into BETA, so not expecting it to be done now. But just curious if there are an plans to add the solo mode to the BGA implementation?
sludge

Re: Solo Mode in development?

Post by sludge »

I have the same question. This is the way I prefer to play this series. Thank you
aooz

Post by aooz »

Same here! So excited to see this game getting developed and eagerly waiting for solo mode!
Yahyra

Post by Yahyra »

Is Terra Mystica (vanilla, you know what I mean) implemented with a solo version here on BGA? Is it just automatons you have to try to beat? Seems... silly? Oh well to each their own? Best wishes.
Zugim

Post by Zugim »

Really hoping to see a solo mode for this one too.
Ociran

Post by Ociran »

Yahyra wrote: 12 July 2024, 23:41 Is Terra Mystica (vanilla, you know what I mean) implemented with a solo version here on BGA? Is it just automatons you have to try to beat? Seems... silly? Oh well to each their own? Best wishes.
I have a couple gaming groups but also play games solo. I don't find solo modes silly at all. Just like playing with other people, well designed automas can provide a great challenge and help learn and get better at games. In addition to that, playing solo allows me to accommodate my currently very busy lifestyle with a full time job and a 3 year old and 1 year old. Setup a solo game, play for a bit and come back to it when I have the time. I find it silly when people dunk on solo modes.

But back to your question. Terra Mystica (vanilla) does not have a solo mode on BGA (but does have one through an expansion for the physical copy). Gaia Project's solo mode is implemented here on BGA. Hoping the same is done for Age of Innovations and Terra Mystica at some point.
Yahyra

Post by Yahyra »

Agreed, to each their own. Those who enjoy playing solo should absolutely enjoy and continue to do so. I guess it's like solving a puzzle solo, like a sudoku. I can relate to that. Thanks. Best wishes.
draqza

Post by draqza »

Yahyra wrote: 12 July 2024, 23:41 Is Terra Mystica (vanilla, you know what I mean) implemented with a solo version here on BGA? Is it just automatons you have to try to beat? Seems... silly? Oh well to each their own? Best wishes.
No, but one reason could be that for the original Terra Mystica, the solo mode was added somewhat later through an expansion (2021, according to BGG). Conversely, solo mode for Age of Innovation is just in the box. A better comparison might be Gaia Project, which also has an in-box solo mode that is implemented on BGA.
Kaixam

Post by Kaixam »

Really hoping to see solo mode! This how I prefer to play as well. Mainly just because I can't carve out an hour and a half straight through and need to be able to pause here and there. And turn based is way to slow.

Return to “Terra Mystica: Age of Innovation”