Carcassonne + Carcassonne contest!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Carcassonne + Carcassonne contest!

Post by sourisdudesert »

Today, we have the pleasure to welcome one of the most popular board games all times, with more than 10 millions of boxes sold worldwide: Carcassonne, a game by Klaus-Jürgen Wrede published by Hans Im Glück.

The game will be available on BGA at 21:00 CET today. A Live presentation of the game interface will take place at 20:30 CET on our BGA Facebook page (you don't need to have a Facebook account to watch the video).

To celebrate this wonderful news, Board Game Arena is setting up a Carcassonne Arena contest. On November 27th at 21:00 CET, the 8 players with the highest BGA ELO ranking for Carcassonne will be qualified for a final tournament (round robin / turn based). After the end of this "Masters" tournament, the first player will get a 6 months BGA membership, the 2nd and 3rd will get a 3 months membership, and the other 5 will get a 1 month membership.

As it was the case for the Legendary Inventors Ultimate Contest, we will pay a lot of attention to have a fair contest and avoid cheating players. Please read the first comment of this news for important information about this.

Carcassonne is part of Board Game Arena premium catalog: you have to be a member to create a new table of this game (and afterwards anyone can join). After the latest Race for the Galaxy expansion, this makes an additional reason to (politely) ask Santa for a BGA membership for Christmas!

For now, only the Carcassonne "base game" is available on BGA. Depending on the success of this game here, we may add some extensions later, so if you want extensions, let's make this game a big BGA success! However, we already added the Strategic variant which allows you to keep 3 tiles in your hand and choose the one to play.

If you don't know how to play this incredible game, you definitively need to watch the following Tabletop show dedicated to this game :

[/tttv]

BGA would like to thank Hans Im Glück for this incredible opportunity to have this game today on Board Game Arena!
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Re: Carcassonne + Carcassonne contest!

Post by sourisdudesert »

About Contest and possible cheating :

If you want to pretend to winning the contest, you must play each game to try to get the best position in each game (ex: 2nd if you cannot win). Kingmaking (ie playing a move in favour of another player while it does not bring you anything) is forbidden.

It is of course forbidden to cheat the system by playing several players at the same table.

After the end of the tournament, we will review ALL games of the first players. If there is any doubt about some games or some moves, the player will be disqualified. It won't be possible to contest this decision.

Piece of advice to be 100% sure not to be disqualified :
  • Don't play any games with someone at the same location than you, or play it with ELO 'off'.
  • Don't play too much with the same opponents (or play with ELO off): the biggest number of opponents you have, the safer you are.
  • Do not create several accounts to participate in the contest.
  • Always play to get the best position/score in a game, so you can justify all your moves.
When you have any doubt about one of your opponents or something else, play ELO off to just "enjoy the game" so there won't be any issue.

Good luck everyone!
MadManMoon

Post by MadManMoon »

Congrats, you managed to bring here one of the most famous board games of the world! Nice job!
squarerootofthree

Post by squarerootofthree »

Awesome! Congratulations and thank you, BGA. Can't wait to play this one. I've loved this game for a long, long time and it will be a great addition to this site!
ivy_saurus

Post by ivy_saurus »

Omg, this is wonderful! I love Carcassonne, but haven't had the funds to buy it for myself yet. I have it on my App Store and I love it. I can't wait to play it here, too!
cofunguy

Post by cofunguy »

I don't know about you but I do not want Carcassonne to " a bug BGA success" unless you have programmers that have nothing better to do!! :lol:

Please correct!
Een

Post by Een »

cofunguy wrote:I don't know about you but I do not want Carcassonne to " a bug BGA success" unless you have programmers that have nothing better to do!! :lol:

Please correct!
Oops typo fixed, thanks! :mrgreen:
makkuu

Post by makkuu »

YES! Best day ever! :D
ollyfish2002

Post by ollyfish2002 »

Same bug than many people " no tile in player hand"
Een