Bubblee Pop translation error

Discussions about the original English text
dhnyny

Bubblee Pop translation error

Post by dhnyny »

Original string (2017-01-20 14:55:23): "${actplayer} must confirm or cancel a dangerous play"

Translation error (2017-04-17 21:31:38): "${actplayer} must choose the power to play first"

This string appears on the opponent's screen when the player is shown "Warning: A bubblee may remain between the earth and the sky. Do ${you} really want to do this?" Thus, the player is indeed deciding whether to confirm or cancel a dangerous play.

The string is closed to editing so I can't revert it. It should be changed to "${actplayer} must confirm or cancel a dangerous play." (Note the addition of a period at the end of the string.)

Thanks to whoever is able to override the validated (incorrect) translation.
Liallan

Re: Bubblee Pop translation error

Post by Liallan »

I corrected it back to ckwatt's version.

I looked at the rules and don't get why this is a "dangerous" move. (I don't "get" all the rules. And I wish someone would call it a column instead of row - that's just wrong, and confusing.) So it's possible there's an even better way to say it. Just feel I need to add that waiver since I don't play the game.

However, I can see that it really has nothing to do with picking a power first, so it does seem more prudent to at least put it back to before it changed to Slovenian. And the Slovenian version went through google as "dangerous game," and while I'd certainly not count on a google translator, it helps confirm that.
DrKarotte

Post by DrKarotte »

The game may be lost immediately, that's why it is called "dangerous".
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Ah. That was another thing not clear to me. Like when it talked about "eliminating" the opponent, I was not sure if it meant eliminating the end bubble, or truly eliminating, as in they lose this second. I guess the second. Well, at least if I ever play this I'm learning some rules in the process. :D
diamant

Post by diamant »

DrKarotte wrote:The game may be lost immediately, that's why it is called "dangerous".
The game may also be lost, if the player is out of time. In such case, the question may make him lose in wasting his time.

Return to “English - en”