Rule (scoring) change suggestion

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
zowieso

Rule (scoring) change suggestion

Post by zowieso »

Hi,
i Just finished playing a couple of rounds of Takara Island.
Very nice game and development but there is a glitch in the scoring system which can be exploited.
In the original rules, it states that if no stones are found and only two decks remain, nobody wins. But on BGA the current score is counted and used as tiebreaker. This eliminates this rule and actually changes it to another system eliminating the need to find at least one of the stones.
Normally only one player wins either by finding both stones or by getting the highest score after one stone has been found.
I think this does not respect the original intention of the board game designer.
diamant

Re: Rule (scoring) change suggestion

Post by diamant »

zowieso wrote:I think this does not respect the original intention of the board game designer.
La règle française stipule :
1. quatre sites sont vides et aucune Pierre de Légende n'a été trouvée : tous les joueurs ont perdu (on ne compte même pas les points marqués par les joueurs).
Dans un tel cas, il est clair que les points XP marqués par les joueurs doivent être mis à zéro en fin de partie. L'implémentation BGA du jeu ne le fait pas, ce qui est particulièrement dommageable : la stratégie du joueur ayant le plus de points XP est bouleversée et le jeu devient beaucoup moins intéressant avec cette altération majeure de la règle.

Ce bug a déjà été signalé ici https://fr.boardgamearena.com/#!bug?id=7752. Votez massivement pour ce bug !
Morgalad

Re: Rule (scoring) change suggestion

Post by Morgalad »

I reviewed the game logic of the end game phase, this should work now as described by the rules.
Cheers...
Morgalad

Developer of: Incan Gold , Takara Island , Taluva and Veggie Garden

Return to “Takara Island”