Translation bubbles

BGA localization discussions
diamant

Re: Translation bubbles

Post by diamant »

Liallan wrote:(I thought I understood what diamont was saying until I used the translator on his French, and now I'm confused too.)
There was a missing word in my previous message. It was probably the cause of the confusion.
Een

Post by Een »

Liallan wrote: If instead it would post and show #4, if it recognizes that it's a duplicate of #2, it could still post #4, but still make #2 the green/current one, and credit that person. It obviously does know #4 is a duplicate or it could not follow its current behavior. And it's not going by date because #3 is the newest, but #2 is the "currently correct" one.

Isn't there a reasonable way to simply make #4 post (so we can do comments), but still have #2 show as the current correct one? The only difference is whether #4 shows up or not. It seems that's a lot easier than trying to make a special way to add a comment and that sort of thing.
That's a good point, and a perfectly sensible suggestion. This will be in the next release.
Thanks for your help figuring this out Liallan!
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Een wrote:
Liallan wrote: If instead it would post and show #4, if it recognizes that it's a duplicate of #2, it could still post #4, but still make #2 the green/current one, and credit that person. It obviously does know #4 is a duplicate or it could not follow its current behavior. And it's not going by date because #3 is the newest, but #2 is the "currently correct" one.

Isn't there a reasonable way to simply make #4 post (so we can do comments), but still have #2 show as the current correct one? The only difference is whether #4 shows up or not. It seems that's a lot easier than trying to make a special way to add a comment and that sort of thing.
That's a good point, and a perfectly sensible suggestion. This will be in the next release.
Well, cool! :-) I just read through that again and got dizzy. I'm surprised you made any sense of that.
LightKnight

Post by LightKnight »

I think credit is important as well, and since everyone doing this (including those fixing English) is spending their time, I do think it's legitimate to get the "gifts." But, that said, if there isn't a good way to get both and I had to pick between having the best version or someone getting credit, I'd pick having the best version. If someone is more concerned about getting credit, well, maybe they shouldn't be doing it.
I implicitely expressed that by saying "I wonder if the most important...". I meant it as a rhetorical question, to be honest.
:shock: Wow, really ? It was that simple ?
Well, cool ! :D Much better. Thank you !
LightKnight

Post by LightKnight »

Thank you very much ! it's perfect now ! :D And also for the new "modify" that I hadn't noticed before (or that you added recently) !
Een

Post by Een »

LightKnight wrote:Thank you very much ! it's perfect now ! :D And also for the new "modify" that I hadn't noticed before (or that you added recently) !
Good to know :)
("modify" has been there for about two months now I think)
LightKnight

Post by LightKnight »

I confirm what I said. When we're translating and write sth, then delete it, and thus returning back to old translations, without any modification since, we have a temporary access, for 1 or 2 seconds, to this translation, which allows us to modify the comment. Recently I was trying to add sth to the translators' conversation (if I can say) about the name of the game The Builders, and I tried to put one space then delete it, then write, but instead it made me just write 2 letters instead of the last message of the last translator (sorry for him :oops: ). So then I wrote my messange, and copy-colled it in order to do it in the very short time. So I put back his message, plus mine.
LightKnight

Post by LightKnight »

One more thing
Is it possible to show the last comment in case of "return to previous translation" ? It would be more logical.
diamant

Post by diamant »

LightKnight wrote:One more thing
Is it possible to show the last comment in case of "return to previous translation" ? It would be more logical.
Je n'ai pas tout compris du dernier commentaire laissé sur ma traduction en français du nom du jeu The Builders: Middle Ages. J'ai cependant signalé cette édition de MON commentaire comme le bug #7943.
Een

Post by Een »

diamant wrote:Je n'ai pas tout compris du dernier commentaire laissé sur ma traduction en français du nom du jeu The Builders: Middle Ages. J'ai cependant signalé cette édition de MON commentaire comme le bug #7943.
Le problème a été décrit dans le forum par LightKnight.
J'ai ajouté un contrôle pour éviter qu'un commentaire puisse être associé à la traduction d'un autre utilisateur dans l'intervalle entre la prise en compte de l'absence de changement effectif de la traduction et de la disparition de la zone de commentaire.
Cette modification sera incluse dans la prochaine version du site.

Return to “Translations”