Fixing Validated Translations

BGA localization discussions
Een

Re: Fixing Validated Translations

Post by Een »

fmoraes wrote:Hi! Race for the Galaxy > Galactic Power Brokers card:
"Draw 2 card(s)" should be "Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 card". I could not find that string with the "Find string" function.

Also, I think I saw other cards that fail to mention the discard, but I don't quite remember. Imperium Fuel Depot and Information Hub are candidates. All 3 are from Brink of War expansion.

I found pictures of those cards here: http://racepics.weihwa.com/bow.html

Hi! If the string is missing we can't fix it in the translation system directly. You should report it in the bugs section for RFTG with the "missing string" category so that the developer can check and add it.
fmoraes

Post by fmoraes »

Een wrote:
fmoraes wrote:Hi! Race for the Galaxy > Galactic Power Brokers card:
"Draw 2 card(s)" should be "Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 card". I could not find that string with the "Find string" function.

Also, I think I saw other cards that fail to mention the discard, but I don't quite remember. Imperium Fuel Depot and Information Hub are candidates. All 3 are from Brink of War expansion.

I found pictures of those cards here: http://racepics.weihwa.com/bow.html

Hi! If the string is missing we can't fix it in the translation system directly. You should report it in the bugs section for RFTG with the "missing string" category so that the developer can check and add it.
Bug reported! Here is the link if you'd like to vote/thumb: https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!bug?id=7871 :)
Infinity25

Post by Infinity25 »

Hi,

There are many validated translations in simplified Chinese which is merely a copy of traditional Chinese.
They are far away from what simplified Chinese speakers usually use. May I have a chance to help improving them? Thanks.

Infinity25
fmoraes

Post by fmoraes »

Hello again, one more fix for Race for the Galaxy - Brink of War.

Alien Booby Trap should read:
"You may produce on a alien windfall world if you discard a card (click on this card to produce)."

Current string:
"You may produce on a windfall world if you discard a card (click on this card to produce)."

The original english string seems to be worse:
"May produce on windfall if you choose to discard a card (click on this card to produce)"

Best regards
Een

Post by Een »

Infinity25 wrote:Hi,

There are many validated translations in simplified Chinese which is merely a copy of traditional Chinese.
They are far away from what simplified Chinese speakers usually use. May I have a chance to help improving them? Thanks.

Infinity25
Hi! Yes, simplified Chinese is copied from traditional when there is not yet a simplified translation, then can be improved by translators.
I have updated your account so that you can improve translations. Thanks for your interest in making translations better!
Een

Post by Een »

fmoraes wrote: Alien Booby Trap should read:
"You may produce on a alien windfall world if you discard a card (click on this card to produce)."
Fixed, thanks!
fmoraes

Post by fmoraes »

Thanks! Will it show for new games only? I had Alien Booby Trap in this game:
https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!gamerev ... e=31875927
The replay still shows the old text.
Een

Post by Een »

fmoraes wrote:Thanks! Will it show for new games only? I had Alien Booby Trap in this game:
https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!gamerev ... e=31875927
The replay still shows the old text.
Yes, replays are... replays :)
Infinity25

Post by Infinity25 »

Een wrote:
Infinity25 wrote:Hi,

Infinity25
Hi! Yes, simplified Chinese is copied from traditional when there is not yet a simplified translation, then can be improved by translators.
I have updated your account so that you can improve translations. Thanks for your interest in making translations better!
However, when I was trying fixing them, I found them correctly translated in translation page, but displayed in traditional Chinese.
For example, the phrase "Chat with everyone" in main page was translated correctly as "与所有人讨论", but was displayed as "與所有人討論", which is traditional Chinese. And I believe a great number of other phrases/sentences have the same problem.
I am visiting zh-cn subdomain of course.
Een

Post by Een »

Infinity25 wrote: However, when I was trying fixing them, I found them correctly translated in translation page, but displayed in traditional Chinese.
For example, the phrase "Chat with everyone" in main page was translated correctly as "与所有人讨论", but was displayed as "與所有人討論", which is traditional Chinese. And I believe a great number of other phrases/sentences have the same problem.
I am visiting zh-cn subdomain of course.
Thanks, there is actually a bug. Server side translation is correctly done for zh-cn, but client side translation uses zh translations instead of zh-cn. We are looking into it.

Return to “Translations”