Overview of cards played.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Ivardo

Overview of cards played.

Post by Ivardo »

There should be a window displaying which card have been played so i dont need to browse through the history to find out if there was another spade out there.
VSAAV

Re: Overview of cards played.

Post by VSAAV »

Yes, it slows down the game.

In online Hearts, every experienced players should and would count cards. If they forget what cards are played, they have to look at the game history and waste 2mniutes on it, then get their time refilled in the next round.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Ivardo wrote:There should be a window displaying which card have been played so i dont need to browse through the history to find out if there was another spade out there.
If you're meaning the entire history of each round, then no there shouldn't. You would never get to see such a thing if you were playing a real live game.

If you're meaning just the current round, then I could agree with this. Cards can come off the table quickly before people have a chance to really take them in and register them. Even just a very small delay before all the cards disappear would help that. (And of course get someone else complaining that it goes too slow.)

But the way you say this, "to see if there was another spade out there," sounds like you mean the former. And while I get the point of needing to see what just got played, no one should really be using the log to go back through old plays to see what happened, not when you're playing live. This is OK for turn-based, and in fact necessary because we aren't there to see what happened.
Ivardo

Post by Ivardo »

I mean only in turnbased games. in realtime there is no issue.If i play multiple turnbased i cannot possibly remember which card has gone without checking the log.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Sure you can -- Personal notes.
There should be no implementation by the site for this behavior, as there should be no difference in game play between realtime and turn-based (except the obvious of time per turn). If you want to play a turn-based game where a large portion of the gameplay deals with remembering what has been played by whom, then either take notes or dig through the log.
Bonhoeffer85

Post by Bonhoeffer85 »

The cards played for all but the previous trick should be removed from the display.

Should the pass information be kept up throughout the hand (passed left, across, right, hold)?
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Bonhoeffer85 wrote:The cards played for all but the previous trick should be removed from the display.

Should the pass information be kept up throughout the hand (passed left, across, right, hold)?
I think I would make it two tricks, but I agree.

Personally I don't think the pass information should be kept because that's also something you can track in turn-based if you need to. This is why we wanted a notes section, and while there are disadvantages of that feature, one can always use paper. While some people find this note-taking to be a hassle, I just see it as a part of turn-based play, and I adjust each game to what works for me. For Hearts, I use paper. And I track what I'd attempt to track in my head if I were playing live; that is, I'm not trying to track every card played, but just key information. When I play a live game, I am able to order cards how I like, and manipulate them to help my memory - can't do this with an electronic version, and certainly not turn-based.
Lord von Smith

Post by Lord von Smith »

I'd like that feature too, since the information is given anyway.

Return to “Hearts”