Fixing Validated Translations

BGA localization discussions
Een

Re: Fixing Validated Translations

Post by Een »

Een wrote:
Infinity25 wrote: However, when I was trying fixing them, I found them correctly translated in translation page, but displayed in traditional Chinese.
For example, the phrase "Chat with everyone" in main page was translated correctly as "与所有人讨论", but was displayed as "與所有人討論", which is traditional Chinese. And I believe a great number of other phrases/sentences have the same problem.
I am visiting zh-cn subdomain of course.
Thanks, there is actually a bug. Server side translation is correctly done for zh-cn, but client side translation uses zh translations instead of zh-cn. We are looking into it.
Bug has been fixed, it should be good now! Can you confirm it's ok?
Infinity25

Post by Infinity25 »

Een wrote:
Een wrote:
Infinity25 wrote: However, when I was trying fixing them, I found them correctly translated in translation page, but displayed in traditional Chinese.
For example, the phrase "Chat with everyone" in main page was translated correctly as "与所有人讨论", but was displayed as "與所有人討論", which is traditional Chinese. And I believe a great number of other phrases/sentences have the same problem.
Thanks, there is actually a bug. Server side translation is correctly done for zh-cn, but client side translation uses zh translations instead of zh-cn. We are looking into it.
It's ok, thanks. I am happy to see that.
Infinity25

Post by Infinity25 »

Een wrote:
Een wrote:
It works fine in the main page, but I am sorry to tell you that this problem (traditional Chinese is displayed instead) is still there in the games (at least in Tokaido and Seasons, which I usually play).
What's more, In some RARE situation, the phrases in the game will be displayed in the player's language. For example, when I was playing Tokaido, another player triggered his character's effect, and the info in the right sidebar would be "Some-character: his-effect-is-triggered" while "Some-character" is displayed in Russian, that player's language, rather than my language Chinese.
Een

Post by Een »

Infinity25 wrote: It works fine in the main page, but I am sorry to tell you that this problem (traditional Chinese is displayed instead) is still there in the games (at least in Tokaido and Seasons, which I usually play).
You are right. I had to regenerate every game module to fix this.
It should be good starting tomorrow once the server cache has been reset.
Thanks for reporting this!
Infinity25 wrote:What's more, In some RARE situation, the phrases in the game will be displayed in the player's language. For example, when I was playing Tokaido, another player triggered his character's effect, and the info in the right sidebar would be "Some-character: his-effect-is-triggered" while "Some-character" is displayed in Russian, that player's language, rather than my language Chinese.
If that happens, it's a bug with the game, that should be reported (with screenshot please) in the bug section for Tokaido.
palafoxx

Post by palafoxx »

Spanish version of Lewis & Clark has wrong translation on John Hay card, changing "Fur" (Piel) for "Food" (Comida)

English version says

...choose one of the two resources: Fur or Wood, and collect it. (By activating this card three times, you can, for instance, collect Fur twice and Wood once.)

Fixed Spanish version has to be

...elige uno de estos dos Recursos: Piel o Madera y lo obtienes. (Activando esta carta tres veces, puedes, por ejemplo obtener dos Pieles y una Madera).

RegaRDsss
Crysifio

Fixing Unvalidated Translations

Post by Crysifio »

Hi,

I can't translate anything because I don't have "the appriopriate trnaslator rights", but ther is no way to get +100 validated translations, if I can't translate anything in the first place.
Could anyone tell me how I can achieve this?
Some translations really need fixing.

In the mean time:
Here are some translations that really need fixing:
For the Main site:
The Dutch translation for
"${player} is writing something..."
should become
"${player} is aan het typen ..."
because "${player} is iets aan het schrijven ..." is too long for the small title bar.

The Dutch translation for
"Please check the box below to confirm there is a real human writing this e-mail. ;)"
should become
"Vink onderstaand vinkje aan om te bevestigen dat je geen robot bent. ;)"
because
"Klink in het onderstaande vakje om te bevestigen dat een echt mens deze e-mail aan het schrijven is. ;)" has a typo in it and sounds like a 12-year old child saying it.

For Can't Stop:
In the statistics there is a row "Number of abandoned", what do you want to see there exactly?
1) The amount of times a player left the game (rage quit/afk)?
OR
2) The amount of times a player has chosen "Stop" instead of continue to get his save points?

If you mean 1), then the Dutch translation should be "Verlaten spellen".
If you mean 2), then the Dutch translation should be "Aantal stops" and the English translation should be "Number of stops".

Kind regards,

Crysifio
Een

Re: Fixing Unvalidated Translations

Post by Een »

Crysifio wrote:Hi,

I can't translate anything because I don't have "the appriopriate trnaslator rights", but ther is no way to get +100 validated translations, if I can't translate anything in the first place.
Hi,
Usually reaching +100 validated translations is done by translating "fresh" strings (new games or new functionnalities of the website).
But we can also give the translations rights directly when requested. Done for you! :)
Thanks for your interest in improving the Dutch translation!
Een

Post by Een »

palafoxx wrote:Spanish version of Lewis & Clark has wrong translation on John Hay card, changing "Fur" (Piel) for "Food" (Comida)

English version says

...choose one of the two resources: Fur or Wood, and collect it. (By activating this card three times, you can, for instance, collect Fur twice and Wood once.)

Fixed Spanish version has to be

...elige uno de estos dos Recursos: Piel o Madera y lo obtienes. (Activando esta carta tres veces, puedes, por ejemplo obtener dos Pieles y una Madera).

RegaRDsss
Fixed, thanks!
Crysifio

Post by Crysifio »

Een wrote:
Crysifio wrote:Hi,

Hi,
Usually reaching +100 validated translations is done by translating "fresh" strings (new games or new functionnalities of the website).
But we can also give the translations rights directly when requested. Done for you! :)
Thanks for your interest in improving the Dutch translation!
Hi,

Oh, ok, thank you. :)
Crysifio

Post by Crysifio »

Could you help me with this as well?

In the statistics of Can't Stop, there is a row "Number of abandoned", what do you want to see there exactly?
1) The amount of times a player left the game (rage quit/afk)?
OR
2) The amount of times a player has chosen "Stop" instead of continue to get his save points?

If you mean 1), then the Dutch translation should be "Verlaten spellen".
If you mean 2), then the Dutch translation should be "Aantal stops" and the English translation should be "Number of stops".

Return to “Translations”