Gaïa

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Gaïa

Post by sourisdudesert »

We are happy and proud to introduce on BGA Gaïa, a world building game by Olivier Rolko published by Tiki Editions.

In Gaïa, you are building a brand new world and its cities using tiles.

The goal is to be the first player to place all your Meeples on the table, by reaching objectives or by satisfying the needs of cities.

The core mechanism is the following: each city card has a tile type condition (ex: "must be placed on a mountain") and 4 needs. If a city needs a forest, you need to have a forest tile next to the city tile to fulfill this need. To place a city and have the right to place a Meeple on it, you need to fulfill at least 2 of the 4 needs of this city.

On your turn, you get to take 2 actions among the following: picking a new card, playing a nature card (which allows to expand the world with a new tile), playing a life card (which allows to place a city or animals), or playing a special power card.

You may also place meeples on Objective cards if you managed to fulfill the objective condition before your opponents (ex: "place 2 forests and 2 mountains").

We love Gaïa a lot. This game is a very tense race, where every player has to fight to place their latest Meeple. In addition, the game is particularly good with 2 players, which make it very adapted to online play. We hope you'll like it!

For a complete "how to play" explanation, we recommend you to watch this video from The Dice Tower.

The Gaïa adaptation for Board Game Arena has been developed by Marc-André Larivière using BGA Studio. Marc-André did a beautiful job and a really nice interface for this game: thank you for this!

BGA would also like to thank Tiki Editions and the game designer Olivier Rolko for their involvement and for making it possible to have this very nice game here!

Now, let's build a new world!
nemonic

Re: Gaïa

Post by nemonic »

dlaczego dzieje się tak, że jak buduję miasto, to zamiast obstawić tam swojego kolejnego pionka, to przeskakuje mi pionek z miasta, które już wcześniej wybudowałem?? - to chyba błąd programu...
RichardMazzucco

Post by RichardMazzucco »

cosa devo fare'
OhBatCat

Post by OhBatCat »

nemonic wrote:dlaczego dzieje się tak, że jak buduję miasto, to zamiast obstawić tam swojego kolejnego pionka, to przeskakuje mi pionek z miasta, które już wcześniej wybudowałem?? - to chyba błąd programu...
Taka jest reguła... ten film wyjaśnia @5:26
https://youtu.be/IXFH-rLzG5s?t=5m26s
IfUWant2Know

Post by IfUWant2Know »

I have been employing a strategy of playing all of the tiles in a straight line, until I complete my objectives. It is a very effective strategy in a 2 player game, but very often gets complaints. I agree that it should not be possible to play 40 tiles in a line across the screen. It really isn't how the game was intended to be played. I suggest that dimensions be added to the game to prevent this. I use the strategy, because it is not against the rules, but I believe it should be.
DrFriendless

Post by DrFriendless »

The timed responses in this game are BAD. If I open the game in another tab, or while I'm working, I'm just not going to be available to respond to the question. Please just take that code out.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”