Fixing Validated Translations

BGA localization discussions
Philabuster

Re: Fixing Validated Translations

Post by Philabuster »

Thank you. I've adjusted a number of strings to reflect the commonly used name for "multicolor" in Hebrew Translations. There are a handful of strings still needing translation. Will work on them as I can.
Een

Post by Een »

Philabuster wrote:Thank you. I've adjusted a number of strings to reflect the commonly used name for "multicolor" in Hebrew Translations. There are a handful of strings still needing translation. Will work on them as I can.
Thanks for the improvements! By the way, do you have feedback on the right-to-left language mode? I added it for someone who wanted to translate in Farsi, but he didn't get very far and I don't know if it's working well.
Philabuster

Post by Philabuster »

There are a few strings with mixed text, and system markers, i.e <b>xxxxx</b> "Hello", where hello needs to be translated. When I try to translate it, it looks odd and I don't know how to see if it is correct. Parenthesis and {}, and () don't appear in the right spots. not sure how to deal with it
Philabuster

Post by Philabuster »

Een,

This is an example. See the double parenthesis at the end there? I can't tell if that will be interpreted correctly, or if my copy and paste messed it up. Mixed languages is confusing me.

Een

Post by Een »

Philabuster wrote:Een,

This is an example. See the double parenthesis at the end there? I can't tell if that will be interpreted correctly, or if my copy and paste messed it up. Mixed languages is confusing me.

Yes, that's strange... unfortunately this is the browser's interpretation of right to left for strings with those characters, nothing I can do about it :?
You should try translating just the words without {} touching them (in this example "picked" and "last turn for everyone") then see if it works correctly. I think it's just the display that gets garbled by the browser RTL algorithm, but that if you don't change the position of {} and <> it should be fine. Maybe. Need to check to know ;)
Sigrian

Post by Sigrian »

I've recently become interested in the translation system of BGA, mainly because I'm starting to work on my dissertation this semester, but that's another topic I'd love to discuss with you another time Een :D

I noticed some validated translations of news articles in Polish, not touched by any user and left as an incorrect translation.
Example (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11886):
BGA.png
BGA.png (47.53 KiB) Viewed 3556 times
"Game art" could be translated in this context as "oprawa graficzna gry" or "szata graficzna gry", but it's definately wrong left as "gry art", and that's only one thing wrong with this sentence.

Any idea how I could change it being a new member of the community?
Een

Post by Een »

Hi Sigrian,

Welcome and thanks for your interest in improving translations!

I updated your account so that you can fix validated translations.

You are welcome to message me about your dissertation too, I'm generally curious :)
YannisDr

Post by YannisDr »

Backgammon has spelling and meaning errors English to Greek but I dont have the rights to fix them:

1)
Checkers remaining at your home board -> Πούλια που υπολοίπονται στο ταμπλό σου
correct one is: Πούλια που υπολείπονται στο ταμπλό σου

2)
Checkers remaining at opponent's home board -> Πούλια που υπολοίπονται στο ταμπλό του αντιπάλου
correct one is: Πούλια που υπολείπονται στο ταμπλό του αντιπάλου

3)
Checkers remaining at opponent's outer board -> Πούλια που υπολοίπονται στο εξωτερικό ταμπλό του αντίπαλου
correct one is: Πούλια που υπολείπονται του αντιπάλου έξω απο το ταμπλό

4)
Checkers remaining at your outer board -> Πούλια που υπολοίπονται έξω απο το ταμπλό
correct one is: Πούλια που υπολείπονται του στο εξωτερικό σου ταμπλό
fackstrote

Post by fackstrote »

Hi! How can I correct the translation produced by another person. There is a serious error!
Een

Post by Een »

YannisDr wrote:Backgammon has spelling and meaning errors English to Greek but I dont have the rights to fix them:

1)
Checkers remaining at your home board -> Πούλια που υπολοίπονται στο ταμπλό σου
correct one is: Πούλια που υπολείπονται στο ταμπλό σου

2)
Checkers remaining at opponent's home board -> Πούλια που υπολοίπονται στο ταμπλό του αντιπάλου
correct one is: Πούλια που υπολείπονται στο ταμπλό του αντιπάλου

3)
Checkers remaining at opponent's outer board -> Πούλια που υπολοίπονται στο εξωτερικό ταμπλό του αντίπαλου
correct one is: Πούλια που υπολείπονται του αντιπάλου έξω απο το ταμπλό

4)
Checkers remaining at your outer board -> Πούλια που υπολοίπονται έξω απο το ταμπλό
correct one is: Πούλια που υπολείπονται του στο εξωτερικό σου ταμπλό
I updated your account so that you can fix those. Thanks for your help in improving the Greek translation!

Return to “Translations”