Private voice or video chat!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Een

Private voice or video chat!

Post by Een »

In line with our work to allow you to chat "live" at a table during a game, we also reworked the player-to-player private chat to allow for the same exciting feature.

So now if your cacti want to connect on Board Game Arena just to have a chat about the state of the desert in their last Colt Express game, they can! :)

Enjoy chatting on BGA!
chesslawyer

Re: Private voice or video chat!

Post by chesslawyer »

English translation:

Private chat by voice or video!

<two images of cactus and phone>

We have improved the player-to-player private chat by allowing you to chat "live" at a table during a game.

Now, if your cacti (cactuses) want to connect on Board Game Arena just to chat about the desert weather in their last Colt Express game, they can! :)

Enjoy chatting on BGA!

[If you're not able to revise the topic review, at least correct the spelling of "functionality." Thanks. However, the word "feature" is a better replacement word for the currently misspelled "functionnality."]
Cynthi007

Post by Cynthi007 »

i don´t see why a video chat option is needed here. the button to activate voice or video are also plced inconveniently in my opinion. i hit them by accident. maybe you find another position where they are not in the way. thanks
Een

Post by Een »

chesslawyer wrote:English translation:

Private chat by voice or video!

<two images of cactus and phone>

We have improved the player-to-player private chat by allowing you to chat "live" at a table during a game.

Now, if your cacti (cactuses) want to connect on Board Game Arena just to chat about the desert weather in their last Colt Express game, they can! :)

Enjoy chatting on BGA!

[If you're not able to revise the topic review, at least correct the spelling of "functionality." Thanks. However, the word "feature" is a better replacement word for the currently misspelled "functionnality."]
Hi chesslawyer,
Reporting typos or English mistakes is appreciated (I fixed them, thanks!), but please don't rewrite everything, especially not by changing the initial meaning.
Also, this would be best reported to the post author by private chat, as the thread would be more clear and interesting if comments were about content rather than form.
infrareddandelion

Post by infrareddandelion »

People I play games with have clicked the video and voice chat buttons by accident a few times and have expressed distress over this. Fortunately I haven't done it yet. I know I will eventually, though. Please make it harder to click these or make a "You clicked live chat! Was that intentional?" confirmation thing for these options.

I love the idea of house plants chatting with each other. My cyclamen will definitely want to meet all these cute cacti. ;-)
Een

Post by Een »

infrareddandelion wrote:People I play games with have clicked the video and voice chat buttons by accident a few times and have expressed distress over this. Fortunately I haven't done it yet. I know I will eventually, though. Please make it harder to click these or make a "You clicked live chat! Was that intentional?" confirmation thing for these options.
Well actually the browser will request confirmation to access the microphone and/or camera, and nothing happens if you don't confirm. So this confirmation thing is already built in (unless the browser memorized the authorization during a previous session, but if that is the case, you can just cancel the session immediately by clicking again).
infrareddandelion wrote: I love the idea of house plants chatting with each other. My cyclamen will definitely want to meet all these cute cacti. ;-)
:D
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

infrareddandelion wrote:I love the idea of house plants chatting with each other. My cyclamen will definitely want to meet all these cute cacti. ;-)
Yes, but then they would see my messy house. :mrgreen:
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

The above pop up will be generated for everyone on the table and the one who clicked the video call button, accidentally or not
The bottom pop up will be generated if the camera/mic permissions haven't been set up, the pop up will persist until you click the video call button again to cancel it.

Non-premium users get a stacking three line high system message at the top of the page, they will fade after a few seconds.
SeeingHistory

Post by SeeingHistory »

Are non premium members able to join the chat once it has been started?
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

SeeingHistory wrote:Are non premium members able to join the chat once it has been started?
They are.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”