TO ALL MODS!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Valair19

TO ALL MODS!

Post by Valair19 »

I got moderated for bad language a few days ago and this post is not to argue that decision because i did say some bad things to the person i played a game of checkers against. But it wasn't without reason. I actually wanted to report my opponent right after the match, (but didnt know how to since i'm rather new to this site) for, what I strongly believe is, cheating. I don't know how he did it and in the 90 games of checkers i've played on here I never encountered something like it, but this person, by the name of "yeio", was moving some of his pieces to a box that was already occupied by one of my pieces at a very convenient time during the match which enabled him to move into spaces or block me from getting into these spaces that could eventually win him the game. Also did he "freeze" some of my pieces, meaning that i couldnt move any direction with them when there were free boxes ahead of them. Again, coincidentally at the most convenient of times from his perspective. He said it's a bug. I believed him after the first incident, but then he pulled it off to hit one of my pieces from 2 boxes away (with a regular piece, no double which can obviously jump more than 1 box) which caused a chain reaction that enabled him to hit 2 more. I asked him "what is this?", all he said was "Thx". That was reason enough for me to believe he was doing all these things on purpose. It certainly wasn't a bug. Maybe you think that im over exaggerating right now for 1 simple game of checkers, but playing this person takes all the fun out of the game+ i can't chat anymore which in my opinion is unnecessary since i'm the last person to misbehave in a chat after a game of checkers if my opponent isn't obviously cheating.
So my question to the moderators is: Can you guys please review that game again? You will be as surprised as I was. And again, sorry for my language, but i felt strongly disadvantaged at the time.
Cheers, Valair19
Een

Re: TO ALL MODS!

Post by Een »

This is actually really looks like a bug following refutation. The program wrongly thinks that there is nothing in 15, which allows black to move there, then get out of it, and of course you can't move white in 15 since the program thinks it's not there. Then in the process, the black that moved to 15 was promoted to double for whatever reason.

You should have kept your temper (I read that chat log and you are way out of line) and just reported this as a bug (anyway, if the program allows someone to cheat, then it's a bug). You jumped to conclusions.

Even, since a bug clearly occured, your opponent even proposed to cancel the game and you disagreed. Do you really think a cheater would have done that? Really, you weren't listening, you convicted him immediately without giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Valair19

Re: TO ALL MODS!

Post by Valair19 »

Thanks for the quick response.
If it truly was a bug, which you can judge better than me, then I sincerely apologise to user "yeio" for my outrageous behaviour. At that moment I just was 100 percent sure that he was cheating and injustice was being done. Again my apologies.

Cheers Valair19

Return to “Checkers”