the 14th Spheroid of Zithwig was about to vorpulate!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
e1q3z9c7

the 14th Spheroid of Zithwig was about to vorpulate!

Post by e1q3z9c7 »

This is the only sentence I can't google any info about, could anyone explain to me(and for other translators) ? Thank you very much.
Liallan

Re: the 14th Spheroid of Zithwig was about to vorpulate!

Post by Liallan »

My guess is it was made up, and I already know of at least one other thing that was made up. Pretend it's like the Jabberwocky. (Which actually does make some sense if you read it enough.)

I would leave Zithwig as is and pretend it's a solar system or something, cause a spheroid is just sphere-like. (Maybe slightly elliptical?) What kind of word would you use for humanoid? Do that, only with a sphere. And for vorpulate, I'd leave it but turn it into a verb form that works for your language. I tried to research this suffix and it's basically taking a noun or adjective form and turning it into a verb form, but I couldn't find many examples. Like to make something into a formula is to formulate. So to me, vorpulate would maybe be like turning into vorpul, or becoming vorpul-like. (Of course, vorpul isn't a word. It's not even spelled the same as the vorpal sword, which also isn't a word.)

But that might not be too easy to do in something like Chinese.

To me it sounds like a planet is about to explode or implode or evaporate, but it also sounds kind of angry, like Zithwig is a humanoid that has a bunch of elliptical things sticking out from its head, and in its anger the 14th one is going to explode. :lol: It sounds like something out of Hitchhiker's Guide.
FourGiving

Post by FourGiving »

Designer here. As suspected it is entirely made up. Hope it didn't cause any confusion. The fun thing about this game is you can make up all sorts of silly stuff like that. I played D&D as a child, and to this day still enjoy a good fantasy or scifi tale, which gave me the idea for the card. Not sure if you ever played Guild Wars 2, but this also the kind of thing I can imagine an Asura scientist freaking out about. And since we're roleplaying super heroes and villains, powerful artifacts like this play a key role in certain comic storylines. Hope this helps. Thanks again for your support.
e1q3z9c7

Post by e1q3z9c7 »

It's still elusive to me, I guess transliterate should be ok.
thank you for reply.

Return to “Remember When”