Scythe and Viticulture

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Kanacho

Scythe and Viticulture

Post by Kanacho »

I don't know if it would be difficult acquiring the rights to digitally reproduce Scythe and Viticulture, but I think they would be great games to add to BGA.
vincentt

Re: Scythe and Viticulture

Post by vincentt »

Hi

Scythe is already being adapter by Asmodée Digital, so from experience, they will not give an OK.
Viticulture, maybe, but adaptation already exists also (even if rules are not enforced on Tabletopia I think)

Look on the editor website, there is a link to "play online"

Regards
Kanacho

Post by Kanacho »

vincentt wrote:Hi

Scythe is already being adapter by Asmodée Digital, so from experience, they will not give an OK.
Viticulture, maybe, but adaptation already exists also (even if rules are not enforced on Tabletopia I think)

Look on the editor website, there is a link to "play online"

Regards
Oh ok, thanks!
Estemy

Post by Estemy »

I'd like to see the following classics: UNO, monopoly, rummikub, colonists of catan (+expansions), risk, stratego, cluedo

The following popular/excellent games: Agricola, le havre, castles of burgundy, 7 wonders, Machiavelli (the trading card one, with MAchiavelli Intrigue), MArco Polo, Patchwork, sushi go, munchkins, boonanza, ubongo, Dixit, imploding kittens, Pandemic, Splendor, istanbul, Skye etc.

New kind of games: dungeon crawlers. Each site should have one for people who love that kind of thing. Why not here?

Too bad scythe is not available, would have loved that one too. But maybe because someone else is implementing it, it doesn't mean that they have all the rights bought for it. Perhaps 2 different sites can have the same game?
Kanacho

Post by Kanacho »

Estemy wrote:I'd like to see the following classics: UNO, monopoly, rummikub, colonists of catan (+expansions), risk, stratego, cluedo

The following popular/excellent games: Agricola, le havre, castles of burgundy, 7 wonders, Machiavelli (the trading card one, with MAchiavelli Intrigue), MArco Polo, Patchwork, sushi go, munchkins, boonanza, ubongo, Dixit, imploding kittens, Pandemic, Splendor, istanbul, Skye etc.

New kind of games: dungeon crawlers. Each site should have one for people who love that kind of thing. Why not here?

Too bad scythe is not available, would have loved that one too. But maybe because someone else is implementing it, it doesn't mean that they have all the rights bought for it. Perhaps 2 different sites can have the same game?
Good question. I wonder if someone from BGA can negotiate to get rights for Scythe/Viticulture even if Scythe is already licensed to a different company. Why not just ask Jamey Stegmaier?
vincentt

Post by vincentt »

Hi,

As per BGA policy, it is indeed mandatory that the person that owns the licence authorize BGA to adapt it. For Scythe as the adaptation is made by a studio, I guess that they are paying them to do it, so from a realistic point of view, I doubt that they will authorize another adaptation as it will reduce the users on the other platform.

However, if you know the people owning the licence (numeric one, as the owners can be different between physical and paper), you can ask them. If they agree, it can be put as "authorized project" and a developper can try to adapt it (premium game or not premium).

You need to be clear with them, that you are asking for authorization but you do not have any developper interested yet, therefore you do not have any planning for implementation.

I would recommend to wait for a developper to be interested before asking the owners (unless they are your friends :) )

regards
Kanacho

Post by Kanacho »

vincentt wrote:Hi,

As per BGA policy, it is indeed mandatory that the person that owns the licence authorize BGA to adapt it. For Scythe as the adaptation is made by a studio, I guess that they are paying them to do it, so from a realistic point of view, I doubt that they will authorize another adaptation as it will reduce the users on the other platform.

However, if you know the people owning the licence (numeric one, as the owners can be different between physical and paper), you can ask them. If they agree, it can be put as "authorized project" and a developper can try to adapt it (premium game or not premium).

You need to be clear with them, that you are asking for authorization but you do not have any developper interested yet, therefore you do not have any planning for implementation.

I would recommend to wait for a developper to be interested before asking the owners (unless they are your friends :) )

regards
I don't know the developer personally, but Jamey seems to make it a point to connect with his audience/fans of his games. It probably would not be hard to ask him in one way or another if he would ever considering licensing to BGA.
DaMom65

Post by DaMom65 »

since we are talking about games we would like to see here i would like to put in my 2 cents. i would like to see machi koro with both the harbor expansion and millionares row expansion...also lords of waterdeep with the scounderels of skullport expansion, munchkins, splendor, smashup and terraforming mars be added to the excellent mix of games that is on board game arena :D
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

I should have posted this sooner. The sentence "since we are discussing games we would like to see..." Before you get another whole new thread started on discussing the games you want, the thread already exists here:

https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!forum/v ... f=9&t=1040

It is stickied at the top of the Suggestions forum, where this thread is. It will also show you where on BGG you can go vote on games.

Return to “Suggestions”