Rules differences between web game and flesh game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
whithak

Rules differences between web game and flesh game

Post by whithak »

A friend got Innovation recently, and a couple of card are different.

Oars (1st age red card) effect doesn't repeat
Fermentation (2nd age yellow card) makes draw 1 card for every 2 leaf produced, not for every active card with leaf.
And possibly some others i didn't saw

Does different editions got different rules, or is there some translation mistake (He got french Iello edition)?
N_Faker

Re: Rules differences between web game and flesh game

Post by N_Faker »

Edition differences.

The BGA adaption uses the latest edition cards.
eoc

Post by eoc »

You can actually select between First and Latest version of the rules when creating a table on BGA. The default is Latest.

The editions published by IELLO are based on the 2nd rules version, plus some deliberate or accidental wording changes (that affect balance) and modifications to rule terminology. Translation issues may or may not be present in addition to that, since I assume the translators were working off the modified card text.

The new version of all cards changed by Asmadi between the English 2nd (closest to the IELLO you saw) and the latest, 3rd edition is available here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/ ... -paste-ups (first three rows for the base game)
Note that e.g. the revised Feudalism still places the transferred card in your hand, where IELLO is moving it into your scoring pile if I recall correctly.
whithak

Post by whithak »

Thanks for your replies.

Return to “Innovation”