Hypnosia

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Hypnosia

Post by sourisdudesert »

We are happy to introduce Hypnosia, a race game from Renaud Joseph (self-published).

Hypnosia is a strategy game where players are moving their pawns in concentric circles. The goal is to reach the center of the most inner circle, to score points.

On your turn, you roll 2 dice and you can move one or two of your pawns using these dice. To go from one circle to another, you'll have to stop on specific places. You can also stack 2 of your pawns in order to move faster, and capture your opponent pawns.

BGA would like to thank Renaud for this game and for the idea to have it here on BGA.

We also would like to thank Adam Novotny who developed this adaptation using BGA Studio.

Enjoy!
gadfly1974

Re: Hypnosia

Post by gadfly1974 »

Great new game. I love it!
HenryT77

Post by HenryT77 »

I am not able to select pawn. Bug is at Firefox browser (version 59.0.3 64-bit). Gamers with Chrome have not this problem.
JediKreena

Post by JediKreena »

Just a couple QOL suggestions: The brown pieces are very difficult to see when they are in the red circles. Also, it is hard to tell which pieces are stacked.
ringersoll

Post by ringersoll »

I don't see a page at BoardGameGeek for this game
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

HenryT77 wrote:I am not able to select pawn. Bug is at Firefox browser (version 59.0.3 64-bit). Gamers with Chrome have not this problem.
To report bug:
https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!bugs?game=1126
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Sorry, I did not want to post this here, but I don't see a game-specific forum for this game yet.

I want to try to fix up the English in the rules a bit, but there's a couple of things I do not understand yet.

Under How to Move, after mentioning getting a high enough roll to get out, it says "(pawns must indeed move on the locations occupied by the other pawns)..." What on earth does that mean?

Capturing an opponent's pawn. The rules mention a stack can remove a single pawn, a stack can remove a stack, and that a single pawn cannot remove a stack. But can a single pawn remove another single pawn? It does say you "must move 1 of his pawn or a stack" which implies that a single pawn can indeed do something.

Also under capturing, it says "opponent's pawn or stack is definitely removed ". Um... can I assume that was meant to say "permanently"?
ufm

Post by ufm »

Liallan wrote:Capturing an opponent's pawn. The rules mention a stack can remove a single pawn, a stack can remove a stack, and that a single pawn cannot remove a stack. But can a single pawn remove another single pawn? It does say you "must move 1 of his pawn or a stack" which implies that a single pawn can indeed do something.

Also under capturing, it says "opponent's pawn or stack is definitely removed ". Um... can I assume that was meant to say "permanently"?
A single pawn can capture another single pawn.
Captured pawns or stacks are removed indefinitely (yes, permanently removed)
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

ufm wrote:
Liallan wrote:Capturing an opponent's pawn. The rules mention a stack can remove a single pawn, a stack can remove a stack, and that a single pawn cannot remove a stack. But can a single pawn remove another single pawn? It does say you "must move 1 of his pawn or a stack" which implies that a single pawn can indeed do something.

A single pawn can capture another single pawn.
Captured pawns or stacks are removed indefinitely (yes, permanently removed)
Thanks. :)
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

JediKreena wrote:Just a couple QOL suggestions: The brown pieces are very difficult to see when they are in the red circles. Also, it is hard to tell which pieces are stacked.
+1

(at least for the part about stacking, some colors being worse than others - I haven't seen brown pieces yet)

Return to “Official announcements [en]”