Fixing Validated Translations

BGA localization discussions
Een

Re: Fixing Validated Translations

Post by Een »

SPLAT wrote:For Race for the Galaxy, dutch Translation, currently it's not working good enough to really use, mainly because it's not consistent. I'm trying to fix it, but often the translations have been validated already inconsistently. It makes playing the game in Dutch very hard, because matching the key words is difficult if the translation isn't consistent.
For example:
'Gambling World' translates to both 'Gambling World' (just keeps using the English version?) and 'Gokwereld' (which I think is the correct translation).
'Uplift' translated to both 'Uplift' (again, the English word) and to 'Opschroef', a Dutch word, though I doubt it is a proper translation
'Imperium' translates to both 'Imperium' (english word) and 'Keizerrijk' (which I think it correct)
Also, the use of capital letters for the names of the cards is not consistent.

Is there a good way to do this, appart from just getting to the 100 lines translated first, so that I can do them myself?
Hi SPLAT, I updated your account so that you can fix validated translations. Thanks for your help in improving the Dutch translation!
Rimlos

Post by Rimlos »

Caylus, ${actplayer} may move the Provost (1 Denier per space) currently is translated to ${actplayer} может переместить Настоятеля (по 1 денье за каждый шаг). That's wrong: it must be Наместника instead of Настоятеля to match the translation in other places.
vichy

Post by vichy »

In P.I.

Something that "$[] discovered that $[] is adjacent to real suspect." is translated in spanish as "$[] descubrió que $[] es adyacente al verdadero suspect."

The last word shoul be "sospechoso"
Een

Post by Een »

Rimlos wrote:Caylus, ${actplayer} may move the Provost (1 Denier per space) currently is translated to ${actplayer} может переместить Настоятеля (по 1 денье за каждый шаг). That's wrong: it must be Наместника instead of Настоятеля to match the translation in other places.
Fixed, thanks!
Een

Post by Een »

vichy wrote:In P.I.

Something that "$[] discovered that $[] is adjacent to real suspect." is translated in spanish as "$[] descubrió que $[] es adyacente al verdadero suspect."

The last word shoul be "sospechoso"
That's actually not a translation problem but a programming issue substituting a parameter with an untranslated string. It should be reported as a bug for the game so that the developer can fix it.
AnryJester

Post by AnryJester »

Troyes. RUS
Attachments
Error
Error
TroyesTypo.png (144.88 KiB) Viewed 2577 times
Een

Post by Een »

AnryJester wrote:Troyes. RUS
Please report translations to fix with the format game / language / wrong translation / correct translation.
(screenshot don't really help as I can't copy/paste to search for the string and pointing to an error doesn't allow me to fix it if you don't tell the change to make since I don't know the language)
AnryJester

Post by AnryJester »

Troyes / RUS / нейстрального / нейтрального
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

AnryJester wrote:Troyes / RUS / нейстрального / нейтрального
https://en.boardgamearena.com/?findplay ... 0%B3%D0%BE
Een

Post by Een »