Scoring rules

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
e1q3z9c7

Scoring rules

Post by e1q3z9c7 »

when I read the manual, I found one of the scoring rules is very strange. There's 4 rules of it:

1.The first player to solve their case places their Points counter in the seven points box.

2.Any player who solves their case in the same round as another player does, also places their Points counter in the same scoring box.

3.After that when a player solves their case they place their Points counter in the next empty box down.

4.If two or more players scored the same points then the next player or players to score would still score in the next box down.

The first 3 rules are fine, they're reasonable. But I really don't understand the forth. Because second and third rule are already completed: "Same round same score; Next round lower." Then why forth? If it means only certain number of players could get same score then why it says "two or more"? (how many exactly??) Hope someone could explain it, thanks a lot.
turtler7

Re: Scoring rules

Post by turtler7 »

Point 4 is a clarification of rule 3.

In a 5 player game, if no ties occur in a round and three players have already solved there would be a score in the 7, 5, and 3 point boxes. Leaving the final 2 players competing for a 1 point scoring slot.

But if the first player had solved at the start of that round, the other 2 players were rushed into solving and were successful giving all 3 of them 7 points, the remaining 2 are NOT competing for the 1 point scoring slot. They are competing for the next open box (5 points) regardless of how many ties occurred.

The round ends when it becomes the 1st players turn again and only one person (or no one) has their case unsolved.

There is no limit to how many people can tie on a score all 5 players can solve in a highly unlikely scenario and gain 7 points in the same round.
e1q3z9c7

Re: Scoring rules

Post by e1q3z9c7 »

I see. I think better put it this way:

4.No matter how many players get same score at previous round (and no matter how many round passed), the next scoring always put at next scoring box.

It should be more clear. Thanks for reply.

Return to “P.I.”