Hearts

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Daggerheart

Hearts

Post by Daggerheart »

Post deleted.
Last edited by Daggerheart on 31 July 2018, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
Erdmundr

Re: Strategy guide for Hearts

Post by Erdmundr »

One thing I have noticed while playing here is that Hearts for ELO is a bit of a different beast when it comes to strategy, since 2nd place often earns ELO and 4th place can lose a lot. So there is less 3 vs. 1 in the late game and more of a scrap for position. In fact, often times a player who is up by 26 points or more will help other players shoot the moon, giving them second place in return for ending the game.

Apart from that feature of play here, I can definitely recommend reading the guide. It has certainly helped to improve my game.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

"The only spade you usually pass is the queen"

- don't be daft.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

RicardoRix wrote:"The only spade you usually pass is the queen"

- don't be daft.
You could offer your point of view.

I disagree with it from the point of view of passing the queen to start with. I like to have control over it. Unless I don't have enough spades to cover myself, cause all the people I play with break the rule about not leading spades, because they lead spades, because other people recommend it. Which is the fun thing about strategy is people thinking everyone else needs to play their way.

But for those who choose to read it and maybe learn something from it, even if it's just some ideas, simply insulting the writer isn't going to help them. If you think you have a better strategy, let people know what it is.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

even better - make up your own mind by exploring and playing the game!

the queen is the most powerful card in the game, passing it on means you relinquish control of that.
It is highly likely that a game will contain some 'hunt the queen' rounds, passing the Ace or King is sometimes worthwhile.

Return to “Hearts”