Show my cursor + Switch to Turn-based

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Show my cursor + Switch to Turn-based

Post by sourisdudesert »

We recently introduced two new features on BGA and we'd like to tell you a little bit about it.

Show my Cursor allows you to show your mouse cursor and your clicks to your opponents.

When playing in real-life, you see the hands of your opponents, which is very convenient to explain something about the game, and also very helpful to follow what is going to happen in the game (you see the hand moving BEFORE the move is actually done).

This is why we introduced the "Show my cursor" feature. During a game, in the chat window, you now have a new icon "Show my cursor" to show/hide your cursor to your opponents. Using this, you can point an element in the game so your opponents can see exactly what you are talking about. Of course, you can choose to hide your opponents cursors if you do not want to see them.

Switch to turn-based allows you to decide to change a realtime game in progress into a turn-based game.

You can access this feature from the top-right menu during a realtime game. It works exactly the same way than abandoning a game: every player with a positive clock at the table must accept to switch the table to turn based.

There are many situations where you'll find this switch useful:
_ if one of your opponents is not playing/answering anymore, and you want to try to finish the game in turn based instead of expelling him/her from the game.
_ if you don't have time to finish a game and want to propose your opponents to finish it in turn-based mode.
_ if you found a bug that is preventing you to play (or if the BGA server is unstable): you can switch to turn-based so we can fix the bug before the game is over.

Please do not hesitate to give us your feedback on these new features!
Ismeno Ganja

Re: Show my cursor + Switch to Turn-based

Post by Ismeno Ganja »

turn a real-time game into a turn-based game!! An excellent idea! if you only knew how happy I am to hear of this new feature!!
will we be able to turn a turn-based game into a real-time one as well? Excellent!
azhake

Post by azhake »

sourisdudesert wrote: Switch to turn-based allows you to decide to change a realtime game in progress into a turn-based game.
Is it possible to change back from turn-based to realtime again?
Ismeno Ganja

Post by Ismeno Ganja »

well thinking about it... it's not really necessary to turn a turn-based game into a real-time game. just keep playing... no need to actually change anything, just keep playing your turns, the game remains unafected
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Thanks for your feedback.

Switching from TB to realtime is not really an option as by definition, your opponents may not be online while your are.

However, when playing a TB game, BGA is updating the game in realtime, so if all players are online and want to play realtime a TB game... they can just play as if it was realtime :)
azhake

Post by azhake »

Ok, sure, that makes sense.
Deranged

Post by Deranged »

Good things!

... 've got nothing more to add, really...
amirkhan

Post by amirkhan »

Very good changes. Thanks..
Pedros

Post by Pedros »

Switch to turn-based is an excellent addition; I agree with the earlier suggestion that switching the other way would be useful too. Is there any control over the time-limit after the change?

Don't think I'm likely to use the cursor feature, but no problem with it existing.
WhitneyC

Post by WhitneyC »

Amazing! Thanks! :)
!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”