Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
JessicaB90

No sound

Post by JessicaB90 »

Hi

For the last few days I have had no sound on all the games I play, i.e. when it is my turn to play there is normally a sound to remind me.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Jessica
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Re: No sound

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi

What is your browser + device ?
turtler7

Post by turtler7 »

In the top right corner of the menu there should be an icon next to the size, 3D , or settings/preferences on every single page of the site. The leftmost icon is the instant mute button for sound effects. Try toggling it to make sure it isn't muted right now.
JessicaB90

Post by JessicaB90 »

sourisdudesert wrote:Hi

What is your browser + device ?
Hi My browser is Microsoft Edge & using a Asus laptop with Windows 10.

The sound was working perfectly well until about 2 days ago.

I have been in to preferences and sound where you can change it and press play. If I press play the sound will work the first time but then nothing. If I log out and back in again, it will work the again the first time I press play but not again.

Very strange.

Jessica
Noobslayer420

Post by Noobslayer420 »

I am having the same issue, no sound after the initial game start.
Shaq Jenkins

Post by Shaq Jenkins »

I am having the same issue with Microsoft Edge and Windows 10. No sound after the game begins.
Janetta

Post by Janetta »

I am having this same issue . . . since yesterday . . . sound works fine for a moment, but then goes silent.

Microsoft Edge is my browser . . . Windows 10 is my operating system . . . on my desktop computer.

I have been searching for solutions online and tried a few things . . . nothing improved the situation.

I do not seem to have this no sound issue with other websites I am visiting. I decided to check our forum here and so discovered that I am not the only BGA player with the problem.

Thanks for looking into it for us!
18xxperson

Post by 18xxperson »

I have tested to see if this was a feature on only edge or if it effects other browsers. I have found that this problem is only on edge. Google chrome does not have this issue. If you are edge, I would recommend switching to google chrome for board game arena.
Janetta

Post by Janetta »

I have been more than one week with no sound as I play games on BGA . . . and just to reiterate . . . I have this problem only at BGA. All other sites I visit have normal sound function.

Thank you for the suggestion to switch browsers . . . but this is not so easy since I am not the only person who uses this computer.

Here's hoping our fantastic admin personnel are making progress on finding a solution for those of us who use Microsoft Edge browser to play at BGA.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi everyone,

Is this sound problem still an issue? We have difficulties to reproduce this.

May I ask you to do the following?
_ Go to: https://boardgamearena.com/#!preferences?section=sound
_ Try to play the different sound on the page
_ Try to switch the audio mode to the 3 available options
_ Try to go there and see if your browser is playing the sound: https://x.boardgamearena.net/data/theme ... d/move.ogg

Return to “Discussions”