Dice Forge

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Dice Forge

Post by sourisdudesert »

We are incredibly proud and happy to introduce today the new masterpiece from Regis Bonnessée (Seasons): Dice Forge.

Dice Forge is a game for 2-4 players with a unique concept: Dice crafting.

Each player has 2 dice with replaceable faces. These dice are rolled every turn, bringing you resources. During the game, you buy new faces and improve your dice. Turn after turn, your dice become more and more powerful, and you get more resources, special powers and possibilities to score Victory Points.

In addition to this basic mechanism, for each game you can select a set of 15 different "Heroic feat" cards. These cards are available for all players and can be bought with resources. These cards brings you victory points, but also specific powers. On BGA, there are 4 different ways to select the 15 cards set: Beginners (the 15 easier cards), Advanced (most complicated cards), Random, or Draft.

Note: this adaptation also includes 5 Promo cards (Random or Draft mode only).

To win a Dice Forge game, you'll need to build a strategy with an effective combination of dice faces and cards. Like Seasons, it's amazing to see a dice game where luck is not so important.

Let's be 100% clear: we love this game, we think it is a great one. The rules can be explained in 60 seconds, the material is unique and beautiful, the variety of cards available for the game setup makes every game different, and the games are very short (<20 minutes on BGA). We strongly encourage you to have a look at it!

BGA would like to send a very special "Thank you" to the Libellud team for their authorization to have this game here on BGA, for their help and advice during the development. Libellud is a long term partner of Board Game Arena (Seasons, Lord of Xidit) and we are really happy to bring this new game here!

This project has been made possible by 2 incredible developers: Vincent Toper and Thibaut Brissard. Vincent and Thibaut have been working for a while on this adaptation using BGA Studio - their first one! - and the result is really beautiful - especially with the 3D dice :) Thank you both on behalf of the whole BGA community!

Enjoy!
ken258

Re: Dice Forge

Post by ken258 »

a fun and innovative game! :)
Periodonikes

Post by Periodonikes »

Nice! :D
titillo80

Post by titillo80 »

Oh my God!
Beautiful game!!!
OhYaSoHot

Post by OhYaSoHot »

快加入他,我很喜歡這個遊戲
Caralvepe

Post by Caralvepe »

Genial!!! que buena noticia. :D

Wonderfull!! Great game, good news!
ivy_saurus

Post by ivy_saurus »

How exciting! Can't wait to try it out! I love Seasons, it's one of my favourite boardgames. I first tried it here on BGA a couple years ago, and have long since bought the game in IRL too. If Dice Forge is even comparative to Seasons, I'm pretty sure I'll love it. :D
SandyBear

Post by SandyBear »

EVERY TIME you introduce a new game, you never include a link to PLAY NOW!

I don't want to go to the forums when I click the title DICE FORGE. I want to play the game... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Cenobi

Post by Cenobi »

So happy to see this added. Great game without the annoying aspect of actually having to physically switch out the dice faces!
Mini Smarti

Post by Mini Smarti »

Thank you!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”