Trello or UserVoice for roadmap/feature requests

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
brisdaz

Trello or UserVoice for roadmap/feature requests

Post by brisdaz »

I note there are a number of websites which manage customer feedback, it allows customers to vote and search for feedback. Trello and Uservoice spring to mind.

Is it possible for BGA to use it?

https://blog.trello.com/3-ways-to-manag ... e-requests
brisdaz

Re: Trello or UserVoice for roadmap/feature requests

Post by brisdaz »

If BGA had better communication of completed features I'd be more inclined to subscribe. It's hard to know when features are implememnted or not and it seems to me that our suggestions are ignored. I know that isn't true just by checking on it.

So would a better feedback system be in order like Trello or UserVoice. There is also open source versions of feature suggestion subsites.
Een

Post by Een »

Hi,

I looked at Trello the first time you suggested this, but didn't really see how it could help: BGA doesn't have a very big team, we must be careful not to set up tools that we wouldn't have time to manage :)

And actually we already have a bug report tool that is public, with a voting system, search capabilities, state of the report (info needed, confirmed, fixed...) and that notifies the voters about changes. This system already allows for suggestion for games. Extending this tool to allow more clearly for making suggestions for the website seems preferable to adding up a new tool :D
If BGA had better communication of completed features I'd be more inclined to subscribe.
I'll address this comment also since it comes up from time to time in this forum: please don't say things like "if BGA did this I would support it", as it's almost the same thing as saying "if BGA was perfect I would support it" which is of course impossible :)

If you like what we do and if you can afford it, please support us, then we may be able to do more. You know, we try to have a very affordable subscription price: just taking the time to look into a suggestion, making a decision (positive or negative) and writing a clear response about it actually takes quite some time that can quickly amount to the price of one yearly subscription.
Een

Post by Een »

We have now updated our reporting tool to better manage suggestions (for the website as well as for games) in "Community -> Report a bug or make a suggestion"

This allows to log suggestions, collect votes from fellow players, and to easily find back your bugs and suggestions of interest by clicking the "Reports I voted for" link.
brisdaz

Post by brisdaz »

Thanks Een for communication. I have contributed to the site in the past and will do so again in the future.
Een

Post by Een »

brisdaz wrote:Thanks Een for communication. I have contributed to the site in the past and will do so again in the future.
Thanks! :D

Return to “Suggestions”