Is hand limit really 7 . . . or . . . ?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Janetta

Is hand limit really 7 . . . or . . . ?

Post by Janetta »

It has been quite a while since I played Jaipur and I want to introduce the game to a new player . . . so I have been watching some games in progress.

On more than one occasion I have seen hands increase to 8 . . . 9 . . . even 10 cards! How can this be since the rules state that the hand limit is 7 cards?

What am I missing?
ollyfish2002

Re: Is hand limit really 7 . . . or . . . ?

Post by ollyfish2002 »

Hello
Can you give a table number that we can see it too ?
Janetta

Post by Janetta »

I had to lurk around a bit . . . but I've got a table number for you.

Twice during this game I could see that one of the players had 8 cards in hand . . . right around 44% to 47% and again at about 54%.
Red Nebula

Post by Red Nebula »

I didn't see anything wrong on that table. Maybe you missed this from the rules:
Camels do not count towards the 7 card hand limit.
Or give the exact move number :)
Janetta

Post by Janetta »

I'd really like to find an example of a 9 or 10 card hand . . . when it is spread out, it encroaches on the camel herd!

I will post the table # and include the turn # as well.
Janetta

Post by Janetta »

Just now as I watched table #41625400 in progress there were several times when one player had 8 cards in hand, once 9 cards in hand . . . and once 10 cards in hand! This is how it appeared to me while I was watching the live game.

I found the game after it was completed and watched a replay of it . . . there was never a time when a player had more than 7 cards in hand. I had marked down the turn # . . . nope . . . every time there were only 7 in hand . . . not 8 or 9 or 10 which I could see when I watched the game live in progress!

So . . . perhaps the glitch is with my eyes . . . I don't think so . . . the display of cards in hand grew to the point of covering the camel herd when 10 cards were in hand! There is no mistaking a camel herd being covered by cards.

Apparently, when the players were playing they only saw the actual cards in their hands. For some reason I saw more cards than were really there . . . odd.

I don't really want to spend much more time chasing around for this . . . but if I do see any number of cards more than 7 in a Jaipur hand, I will take a screenshot. Would a screenshot be valuable . . . and if so, to whom shall I send it?
Red Nebula

Post by Red Nebula »

Yes, a screenshot would help. In this case report the bug using this page https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!bugs You can find this link on the forum's main page and on top of each thread. Also on top of this thread.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

it sounds most likely that it is a display issue. some games and browsers are better than others, in veggie garden for example the cards can some times stick and hover or float in weird places, and it's worse on replays.

I would guess it's showing more than 7 cards sometimes but 7 are only really there. You wouldn't be able to click and use them.

Return to “Jaipur”