No one plays this?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
nmego

No one plays this?

Post by nmego »

Why does nobody play this game? It is quite interesting, how about forming a group dedicated to playing it?
Ankeszu

Re: No one plays this?

Post by Ankeszu »

Would a group help? If you think it would, create one.

The problem is I believe not in the lack of players interested, but the lack of players having it in My Games at the same time (especially when it comes to the real-time games). And different expectations, for instance I prefer it for 2players right now. Also I suppose there are many players that just play with their fellows. Why not invite one of your friends to play with you?

If you want to play it turn-based, open some tables and wait. You can invite to the table in the main chat, maybe someone gets interested. That was how I am sometimes drawn to the games that I play from time to time - because the tablemakers announce they need players.

If we want more players, we need to attract them ;) by teaching the rules, for instance... And that's the only reason why I believe the group could help (someone may prefer to find the group and ask for teaching there instead just making the table).

I can teach basics on 2p turn-based if asked, but I'm not very experienced in the game myself. Some advance cards are not obvious so we learn them just by playing (e.g. Relocation restrictions?).
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

it's a great game, one the best fun but semi-serious multiplayer games on BGA, but I mainly only play it with friends and family. I think turn-based is where it is at, there are plenty of games and plenty of takers. SunnyDwight will always give you a game.
CraWleR

Post by CraWleR »

There are a couple of pretty bad UI/UX things in Quantum implementation and the table creation screens are rather bad on BGA, especially for a game like Quantum. I've proposed changes and volunteered to implement them in the past as well as offered to fix up the UI/UX things, since that's what kind of things I do on a daily basis, but I did not receive any interest from the admins.

There was a Quantum tournament on the 4th of may, which received about 30ish participants. If you're curious - maybe you could organize more? :)

Other than that, you do find some people to play with once in a while. Just need to be patient. If you're looking for real-time play - people seem to be a lot more active between midday and evening in Europe.
VolgaChaser

Post by VolgaChaser »

Its a great game and it runs relatively frequently, especially turn based.

I will also never play anything other than 2p, because the way the ranking is set up multiplayer is elo suicide.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

ibav wrote:I will also never play anything other than 2p, because the way the ranking is set up multiplayer is elo suicide.
Would you be willing to play multiplayer ELO off games?
VolgaChaser

Post by VolgaChaser »

Yeah multiplayer is fun.

I jump into multiplayer games on rare occasions just sucks knowing that 70% of the time I lose 50 points and 25% I gain 2
galehar

Post by galehar »

Totally agree with ibav. I'm also up for 3+ games with ELO off :) (turn by turn though)

Return to “Quantum”