Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Andarus

Post by Andarus »

Being someone who plummeted from 100% less than 50% after missing one weekend, I have the following observations:

1) It is unnecessarily punitive. You can have a number of turn based games, you are away and busy one weekend, and that will do it
2) Reputation diminishes exponentially: late for another game and that is another massive hit
3) The system works against you improving yourself, immediately limiting the number of games you can play, and the rate you gain reputation back is ridiculous
4) This is meant to encourage fair play and is said to be 'ambient' but seems harsh, unhelpful, punitive.
5) I'm aware of time jokers. Too limited. Easily missed.

Thoughts? Any way it could be improved?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Re: Reputation: in need of reform

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi,

Thanks for playing on BGA.

I checked and you left (or have been expelled) from 4 games in 10 days, which is quite a lot...

Whatever the improvement we make in the reputation system, we cannot tell the other players that a player who left 4 games in the past 10 games has a good reputation.

We have the time jokers for this. If this is not enough, I recommend you to do the following if you plan to be "offline" during a long period of time in the next few days:
_ choose only "very fast" turn based tables so you can finish them before,
_ or "very very slow" turn based tables, so you can be offline with no problem during few days.

As it is now, 98.5% of games started on BGA finished with everyone on board, so reputation system does the job :)
Andarus

Post by Andarus »

but why make it so hard, so SLOW, to get reputation back?
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

If your significant other cheats on you, how long until their words of "awww, c'mon, I know I cheated on you, but you can trust me this time" are believable? :)
Andarus

Post by Andarus »

Who's cheating? We are talking about taking a bit longer to make a move
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Ah. I thought we were talking about how long it took for reputation to be restored after something happened to hurt it.

Return to “Discussions”