Eminent Domain: Decrease wait-times

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
joe2me

Eminent Domain: Decrease wait-times

Post by joe2me »

Eminent Domain is an excellent game but re-playability is unfortunately decreased by the long wait-time between turns... Me (and others) will tire of the long idle times whilst playing.

*Simultaneous actions -> Players ought to be able to follow the role taken when it is taken in a simultaneous matter rather than waiting for their turn. All the waiting makes game slower and slower as it progresses.

*Automatic actions -> When there is no option there ought to be a default automatic action rather than waiting for the player to click. e.g. when you need to click dissent despite not having any of right cards to follow role taken.
N_Faker

Re: Eminent Domain: Decrease wait-times

Post by N_Faker »

joe2me wrote:*Simultaneous actions -> Players ought to be able to follow the role taken when it is taken in a simultaneous matter rather than waiting for their turn. All the waiting makes game slower and slower as it progresses.
Turn order is important when following Research and Survey roles, only those do not allow for simultaneous play.
joe2me wrote:*Automatic actions -> When there is no option there ought to be a default automatic action rather than waiting for the player to click. e.g. when you need to click dissent despite not having any of right cards to follow role taken.
Again, no. While you may want to Dissent in the majority of cases, it is never something you want to happen automatically. In several cases you may want to Follow roles without actually doing anything, to avoid drawing from your deck.

Return to “Eminent Domain”