Trashing tech cards and keeping the points

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
nandblock

Trashing tech cards and keeping the points

Post by nandblock »

I notice that a lot of players will get a tech card for points then immediately Research/Streamline it out of their deck. But their score in BGA's implementation doesn't drop. Is this correct? The rules as written say that your final score is the sum of "the Influence from your Influence tokens, Technology cards and face up Planet cards". But the descriptions of Research, Data Network and Streamlining all say the trashed cards are removed "from the game", which seems to imply that the cards don't count toward your final score if you've trashed them.
N_Faker

Re: Trashing tech cards and keeping the points

Post by N_Faker »

You may want to send a bug report for this.
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

Well, I was unclear whether it was a bug.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Game End

Determining the Winner
Add the Influence from your Influence tokens, Technology cards and face up Planet cards to determine your score.
- page 8 - Rules

It is a bug. This is an unintended consequence of scoring the Technology cards when they are acquired, instead of at the end of the game.
Antimatter

Post by Antimatter »

nandblock wrote: 11 November 2018, 22:36 Well, I was unclear whether it was a bug.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/992545 ... 1#30599481
I believe that the developer response here shows that this is unintended, although my understanding is that he believes this is relatively inconsequential. In my opinion removing it from the game is a significant enough difference from discarding the card that this warrants being corrected in BGA's implementation.

When it comes to deck-thinning purposes, this ends up being important - especially if this is done with several level 2 tech cards.
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

As far as I know this bug was corrected years ago - haven't played the game lately but I'm sure others can confirm.
BoardgamerNY

Adding expansions

Post by BoardgamerNY »

I am a premium member and I play Eminent domain every day several times a day. It is one of it not my favorite games. Is it possible to add the expansions?
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

You might have better luck with your request by posting in a thread about that specific topic.

Return to “Eminent Domain”