Improvement idea

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Sulivan84

Improvement idea

Post by Sulivan84 »

Whenever a "market" card (the ones for which a roll is done for each player and everyone gets something) is bought. And there is no choice left. Is it possible to auto assign the resources to the players.
For example if the result is 5 1 1 1. If the first players takes the tool. Autoassign the wood to the 3 others. Same goes for the last player whatever the roll... He doesn't get to choose the resource he get...

It should help speeding up the turn based games...
What do you guys think
CB Droege

Re: Improvement idea

Post by CB Droege »

This has been requested about a thousand times. It's very uncommon that long-finished games ever get new features, because of the way game development work here.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

seems to make sense, and I've probably even asked for it myself, but the argument against this:

If you are playing the game, then you are playing the game and taking the wood is something you need to do to play the game, even if it's the default action. When playing turned based as well it is easy to skip over the small steps that occur but they give you a better feeling of what is happening. 'Oh, I got a wood, and my opponent got a tool', if automated then this information is easier to get forgotten or missed entirely.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

RicardoRix wrote:If you are playing the game, then you are playing the game and taking the wood is something you need to do to play the game, even if it's the default action. When playing turned based as well it is easy to skip over the small steps that occur but they give you a better feeling of what is happening. 'Oh, I got a wood, and my opponent got a tool', if automated then this information is easier to get forgotten or missed entirely.
I agree.
Sulivan84

Post by Sulivan84 »

I have to admit That I m possibly a terrible player. But xhr' I have 20 to 50 games playing. I don't remember from day to day what happened. Because it doesn't matter to me. What matters is that I have to take the available option every turn I play...

But I understand your point of view. Thankd
ludique

Post by ludique »

I filled a bug entry, that's ridiculous to wait for somebody to click his only choice.

If you want you could have a message when it's your turn "your opponent got a tool and you got a wood"

Vote for this bug at https://boardgamearena.com/#!bug?id=10801
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

It's not a "bug."
eoc

Post by eoc »

Feel free to point the author to the suggestion tracker system that they (and I) must have missed. Until then, I'd appreciate not derailing threads with artificial nomenclature nitpicking when the intentions are clear and a constructive approach was taken. Thanks!
Een

Post by Een »

eoc wrote:Feel free to point the author to the suggestion tracker system that they (and I) must have missed. Until then, I'd appreciate not derailing threads with artificial nomenclature nitpicking when the intentions are clear and a constructive approach was taken. Thanks!
I understand your reaction, correct terminology is not really essential here (even if it's best when people use the correct terminology).

But I took a look at this report, and I would like to take the opportunity to clarify that:
- a report on a game should never be classified as occuring "Not during a game".
- when a report is made on a game, there is the possibility to give it the "suggestion" type when selecting "what happened".

Correct classification and report quality is essential to gather votes that will be used to determine priorities, and to get a report noticed by the developer that can actually work on it.
eoc

Post by eoc »

I'm aware of some of the shortcomings of the ticket that was created. However it's still an improvement over the previous situation (no report at all) and so I didn't like that the only apparent problem was the statement "It's not a bug" – despite the fact that we can include suggestions. This also goes to thank you for actually providing helpful criticism as opposed to a plain dismissal!

I guess what one could propose here is the restriction "on table #" be lifted somewhat, since suggestions relating to one game in particular won't always be able to specify a table number just so they're linked to the correct game category. In this case it would've been possible (with additional work for the reporter and questionable benefit to readers) – but I can imagine in other cases it gets more tough to find a table demonstrating the situation for which you have ideas on how to improve it.

And since in a different context it has been pointed out to me that the bug tracker's usability is lessened due to lack of people helping, I'd like to volunteer for that kind of organizational work, such as opening a new issue in the correct categories and communicating in the now-obsolete report why that had happened.

Return to “Stone Age”