No Thieving Fairy!!!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Benzene

No Thieving Fairy!!!

Post by Benzene »

This card is soooooooo disgusting. I know Magician Model, but there's no expansions. I suggest a NEW model with all expansions but without thieving fairy alone. In fact, I and my friends all have torn up this card in our Seasons.
Jest Phulin

Re: No Thieving Fairy!!!

Post by Jest Phulin »

Please see all of the Stone Age "starvation strategy should be eliminated" posts.... :)
No matter how much you or your group of friends dislikes a particular card/strategy, if it is in the official rules and there is no official variant to get rid of it, it will remain implemented on BGA. If the designer/publisher agrees that an aspect is unbalanced/broken, and makes an official release to that effect (Noir: Citizen Arrest; Puerto Rico: Balanced Game), then it can be implemented as a variant on BGA.
Benzene

Post by Benzene »

Thank you for your reply. In the Magician Model, several cards including the Thieving Fairies are removed. That means the official designer knows the unbalance among these cards. The problem is that these modifications are based on the Basic Edition, and not mentioned in the instructions of the expansions.
Jest Phulin wrote:Please see all of the Stone Age "starvation strategy should be eliminated" posts.... :)
No matter how much you or your group of friends dislikes a particular card/strategy, if it is in the official rules and there is no official variant to get rid of it, it will remain implemented on BGA. If the designer/publisher agrees that an aspect is unbalanced/broken, and makes an official release to that effect (Noir: Citizen Arrest; Puerto Rico: Balanced Game), then it can be implemented as a variant on BGA.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Ah. I did not realize that this was what Magician's Model was.

Could you provide a link showing that removal of this (and any other card) is an official variant?

Thanks.
Benzene

Post by Benzene »

http://en.libellud.com/games/seasons
You can download the rules from this site. It says only the cards numbered 1 to 30 will be used in Magician level, and Thieving Fairies is numbered 41. However, when I played Magician level in bga, I only realized that some disgusting yellow cards are removed but didn't notice some purple cards are also removed. Anyway, I still want a model that using the 1 to 30 cards in the basic version and the 40 cards in two expansions.
Jest Phulin wrote:Ah. I did not realize that this was what Magician's Model was.

Could you provide a link showing that removal of this (and any other card) is an official variant?

Thanks.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Wait, by "Magician Model" you were referring to the Magician level? As in difficulty level? When you said Magician Model I thought you meant some specific variant that I'd never heard of.

Cards were not "removed" for that level because the designer thought they were "out of balance." Those are just the first 30 cards that are the base level. The other 20 get added in for the Archmage level for a higher, more diverse level of play, which would include the Thieving Fairies.

So the question now becomes whether the expansions you want can officially be added to just Magician level, without adding on the extra for Archmage level. (And that I don't know. I just thought we needed some clarification.)
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

I think the expansions are meant to be, essentially, another level on top of the original complete game. Magician is really just what other games might call a "beginner's set-up" which is really just for learning how the game functions before inviting in the complex and confrontational elements. It's not really meant as a game mode to keep playing forever. Magician's level would never include the expansions; it's a specific set of cards that make learning the game easier.

Return to “Seasons”