Inns & Cathedrals Scoring - Not followed?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
MattMurddock

Inns & Cathedrals Scoring - Not followed?

Post by MattMurddock »

Hi, I've been trying to find an answer to this, but haven't.
When I join Carcassonne games that are using the "Inns & Cathedrals" expansion, the last several games I played did NOT follow the rules for scoring when Inns & Cathedrals are played. Instead, they just used the additional tiles as if they were just for fun.
In my hard copy of Carcassonne Inns & Cathedrals, and when reviewing the writeup at BoardGameGeek, the rules clearly state these additional rules: (1) an incomplete City containing a Cathedral is scored as zero [0]; an incomplete road with an inn on it is scored as zero [0].

Now, a couple of game hosts I played with couldn't answer this; and another game host just said "that scoring is not turned on."

*Is Inns & Cathedrals scoring an optional setting on BGA? AND if so, how can I tell if a game is using that before I join the game? I've looked in the left margin where it details the options on a pending game, and I don't see it anywhere.

If you can answer, thanks in advance.
-MattMurddock
CB Droege

Re: Inns & Cathedrals Scoring - Not followed?

Post by CB Droege »

Yes, for both expansions, the scoring rules are optional.

There are three settings for each expansion: "Yes", "No", and "Tiles Only"

Tiles Only option will include the tiles for the set, but not use any of the extra rules, so that's the setting you need to watch for, if you don't like that. :)

Return to “Carcassonne”