How to activate a cube from the Monk ?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
vigorousRoll

How to activate a cube from the Monk ?

Post by vigorousRoll »

Earlier in the game I had placed a citizen on the first slot for the Monk and had transformed some white dice into 2 cubes of my color that were now sitting on the upper portion of the Monk card. On a later turn, I had a white 4-die that I wished to have transformed into three yellow 4-die's by consuming one of those cubes. I first clicked on one of the cubes and nothing happened. Then I clicked on the white 4-die that was in my space in the "town square" and clicked on the cube. Nothing happened. Then I clicked on that white 4-die again and moved my cursor back up to the monk card and clicked on the body of that card below the 2 cubes and that finally activated the server to do something but not at all what I had intended as I got a 3rd white cube stashed away on the upper portion of the Monk card instead of three new yellow 4-die's sitting in my portion of the Town Square as I had intended.

What steps does one need to take to actually convert one of those cubes into tripled yellow dice ??
RicardoRix

Re: How to activate a cube from the Monk ?

Post by RicardoRix »

Erm,

You click the little cube of your player colour on the dice transforming event card. (If you don't have any cubes there then you'll need to activate that event card first). Then select the die you wish to transform and then click the event/building you wish to trigger.

I don't think you can activate this multiple times.
And I'm not sure if you can select other dice to go with it. (don't think you can).
rules wrote:Each cube can be used
later in the game during one of your actions, but an action can
be modifi ed by only one cube at a time. It is not possible to use
a cube to counter black dice in the Event phase.
vigorousRoll

Post by vigorousRoll »

Thanks for the reply.

What i wanted to do was send the three yellow dice to the Sculptor. So I..
1. Clicked on one of the cubes of my color on the Monk.
2. Then selected the white die I wanted to use.
3. Then clicked on the Sculptor

I received the number of VPs I was expecting out of the transaction, But it happened instantly so that I didn't even see any three yellow dice. But the log recorded that I bought a white die and then used a yellow die.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Yeah that sounds about right, I think you'll only get confirmation in the log.

1. click the cube on the monk.
2. click the die in the square (to mutate)
3. click the event card to activate.

I think you missed 3 and somehow activated the monk again, and that also means you had selected the wrong colour cube to mutate?

This is all from memory I may well be wrong.

Return to “Troyes”