Equal score = lost

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Daggerheart

Equal score = lost

Post by Daggerheart »

I feel that equal score in Battle of LITS should result in a draw. Some would say that it's possible to use this calculation as a "skill" to win. I don't agree.
RicardoRix

Re: Equal score = lost

Post by RicardoRix »

I think I prefer the knife edge. While a win by equal score doesn't feel like a true win I still think it's nice that it was at least settled. Draws sometimes feel like it was just a waste of time, which is probably why that so many games go to great length in order to settle tie scores.

/Just my 2 pence worth.
gurthbruins

Re: Equal score = lost

Post by gurthbruins »

I'm still quite new to this game, but it really became my favourite game very fast. It's visually beautiful, and lends itself to rapid play - other games like quarto, castello, even gyges (all games I like) have me agonising over every move and are quite stressful.
Most of my LITS games are very close and this makes the game exciting. The no-draw rule appeals to me, it does offer extra to strategy - like trying to ensure that we fill the last place in case the scores should be equal.

Return to “Battle of LITS”