End game stats: Citizens

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Zzoyd

End game stats: Citizens

Post by Zzoyd »

Does placing your initial citizens in the buildings during setup count as "hiring" citizens?

It doesn't seem like it should, since I didn't pay anything for them.
RicardoRix

Re: End game stats: Citizens

Post by RicardoRix »

it sounds like it's just the event cards, but I could be wrong. The stats after the game are not part of the game rules so the terms and numbers could be anything.

If you're asking the question then what did you see or analyse after your game that you thought was wrong or right?
Zzoyd

Re: End game stats: Citizens

Post by Zzoyd »

What looked strange was that I played a game where I never put any meeples into the 3 buildings after initial placement, yet my end of game stats showed that I had hired 5 citizens.

I think I may have figured it out. I don't think that initial placement counts as hiring however, I think that tradesmen are a subset of citizens; i.e., all meeples (including tradesmen) are citizens.

In that case, paying 2 influence to hire a tradesman for an action card would count as both hiring a citizen and hiring a tradesman.

However, if instead of paying 2 influence you hire a tradesman by taking one from a building, then that would count as hiring a tradesman but not as hiring a citizen.

If that is true, I'm supposing then that moving a tradesman from one action card to another would not count as either hiring a citizen or hiring a tradesmen.

Return to “Troyes”