Bigger avatars

Board Game Arena Official announcements
souly4

Re: Bigger avatars

Post by souly4 »

No, but I'm not much into programming in the first place and I trust your statement :)

I saw that apparently there is no poll function in this forum, so to show some commitment I've quickly created one on an external site. While it's mainly meant as a model, I won't oppose if you stick to it in case you indeed decide to pursue this way and include the community ;)
(It would be sensible to create a new thread for it then to get more attention)

https://www.quiz-maker.com/poll2250060xD9A94563-65
EllieK

Post by EllieK »

sourisdudesert wrote:Thanks for your feedback.

The previous default avatar is no more suitable with the rounded design, so we need a new one.

However, if someone would like to propose a better than the current one, it can be posted here.

The question mark is very nice; it cleans up the interface and makes it possible to quickly scan and understand the available tables. The grey icons are much more acceptable when paired with the question marks.

Thank you!
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

I'm not sure I can tell the difference between a spot at a table that is "optional" and one that is "required"--it looks like the same grey question mark to me. (E.g. I want to be able to tell at a glance if a table for Eminent Domain is for 4 players but a 2p or 3p game is possible, or if the table is specifically for 4p.) It used to be easy to tell this before the new avatar system was introduced.
rachel_atwork

Post by rachel_atwork »

What are the pixel dimensions for the main image? I am surprised this is not in the initial post. I need to know what dimensions to make my image.

Thank you!
Rachel
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

rachel_atwork wrote:What are the pixel dimensions for the main image? I am surprised this is not in the initial post. I need to know what dimensions to make my image.
The best image size is 148x148.

You're right, this information is missing and will be added on the interface.
Red Nebula

Post by Red Nebula »

sourisdudesert wrote: 13 March 2019, 08:35
rachel_atwork wrote:What are the pixel dimensions for the main image? I am surprised this is not in the initial post. I need to know what dimensions to make my image.
The best image size is 148x148.

You're right, this information is missing and will be added on the interface.
I may be wrong but it seems to be 184x184 to me now. The interface reports 148x148 too.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”