Hive android app with BGA inside

Board Game Arena Official announcements
_Kex_

Re: Hive android app with BGA inside

Post by _Kex_ »

sourisdudesert wrote:Well, we still do not know if this would be good or bad for BGA
i still don't understand where this urge for an application comes from.
BGA is built as a responsive site and works just fine when used in a mobile browser (which is the way I play it most of the time anyway)
true, there are some games that could use some polishing when in mobile view (i.e. Incan Gold when played with more players and i'm sure there are others) but overall it's perfectly acceptable
an app could have it's benefits (dedicated notifications etc.) but i really don't see any overwhelming need for it
Mr_Magic

Post by Mr_Magic »

Andarus wrote:annoying to do it in such a one sided way (android and not ios).
Welcome to the world of Android users. It is far more common for things to be IOS only :)
djibouss

Post by djibouss »

PinkAmpersand wrote:Pretty serious bug here: If your opponent proposes a draw, and you click anywhere other than the notification box, the box disappears, but it doesn't go through as an accept or a decline.
This was fixed in last version (6.5.3). Now clicking outside of the box doesn't close it any more. Thx a lot for finding this!
Jewdoka wrote:Nice work jbchaubet!!
Thx! I'm very glad that the Hive world master has tried it out :-)
akixci

Post by akixci »

I was just thinking about this and was supposed to ask the friend I met while playing Stone Age. Will try this one, job well done BGA & to the awesome developer!
Otithes

Post by Otithes »

i still don't understand where this urge for an application comes from.
BGA is built as a responsive site and works just fine when used in a mobile browser (which is the way I play it most of the time anyway)
true, there are some games that could use some polishing when in mobile view (i.e. Incan Gold when played with more players and i'm sure there are others) but overall it's perfectly acceptable
I also use BGA mostly on my phone, and there are several games that are really hard or even impossible to play on mobile (at least on mine).

Seasons is only doable if I switch to desktop view while assigning the cards to the three years (during setup), and then switch back to mobile view. Even then, sometimes the month-end result window will line up in such a way that I can't close it, which delays the game until I painstakingly maneuver it to where I can press that little x.
As you mentioned, Incan Gold is frustrating/impossible to play because half the players' tents/gems are off-screen.
In Jaipur it can be hard to select the correct number of camels/goods.
Backgammon is playable, but mis-clicks are a common occurrence when playing on a phone, because the stones are tiny.
Innovation is entirely impossible to play, because the cards don't display properly.
In all BGA games, the game progression percentage doesn't show on mobile, which is an inconvenience in some games.

It's not a huge issue because there are plenty of games that work fine on a phone, but I can understand why people want an app.
_Kex_

Post by _Kex_ »

Otithes wrote:It's not a huge issue because there are plenty of games that work fine on a phone, but I can understand why people want an app.
I still would argue that it's far more simpler and quicker to "polish up" these few games to display correctly on mobile phones than to build a full scale mobile APP.
i'm pretty sure there would be a TON of design fixes there too and most of them similar to the things that are wrong with the way games are displayed now anyway :)
Otithes

Post by Otithes »

That is probably correct :)
Tomas1

Post by Tomas1 »

please make ios version! :)
AmadanNaBriona

Post by AmadanNaBriona »

There is an annoying bug here : if I prefer to use a mobile browser, not the app, when I click on "Next table" it automatically opens the app and asks .me to login through that. I cannot just cycle through tables in my browser.
djibouss

Post by djibouss »

AmadanNaBriona wrote:There is an annoying bug here : if I prefer to use a mobile browser, not the app, when I click on "Next table" it automatically opens the app and asks .me to login through that. I cannot just cycle through tables in my browser.
This is fixed in the version published yesterday!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”