Can anyone help me understand what's going on ?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Jest Phulin

Re: Can anyone help me understand what's going on ?

Post by Jest Phulin »

Olikka wrote:so, can you debunk them ? ;)
Read the textbook. It's perfectly obvious then.
Olikka

Post by Olikka »

"one of my statistics textbooks"...

Jest Phulin, how do you know which book it is ??? :lol:
I am a great admirer of your messages, Jest : always fine, subtle, objective, pertinent
nmego

Post by nmego »

Jest Phulin wrote:
Olikka wrote:so, can you debunk them ? ;)
Read the textbook. It's perfectly obvious then.
Lol.
Espina

Post by Espina »

Olikka wrote: 04 April 2019, 22:44 You don't understand, ok.
I explain you.
Read the topics and compare to my results :

topics :

https://fr.boardgamearena.com/#!forum/v ... =3&t=12454
https://fr.boardgamearena.com/#!forum/v ... =3&t=12608

results at bubblee pop :

https://fr.boardgamearena.com/#!gamesta ... me_id=1083

results at targuia :

https://fr.boardgamearena.com/#!gamesta ... game_id=69

a problem of algorithms

I'm not a troll
Olikka: If you seriously want people to help you understand something, you need to ask it explicitly. Not just point to links and expect people to read them. For one thing, those discussions are in French, which not all of us know well enough to follow them. It seems to me that you have some misgivings about the ELO algorithm (although I am not even sure of that) but it would be helpful to know what exactly your question is.
Cappie

Post by Cappie »

Olikka wrote: 06 April 2019, 10:21 "one of my statistics textbooks"...

Jest Phulin, how do you know which book it is ??? :lol:
I am a great admirer of your messages, Jest : always fine, subtle, objective, pertinent
But I do wonder if you get what Jest is really trying to say here...
Which is, by far, the best reaction anyone can give you.
Baby Woodrose

Post by Baby Woodrose »

If I am not wrong there was this Eugillon guy who got expelled from BGA because he was accusing 'em with manipulating algorythms....so..now, with a new account, he's maybe trying to be more cautious and let others say what he would like to say...but IDK, maybe I'm wrong...and it's just another guy
Baby Woodrose

Post by Baby Woodrose »

oh sorry, I was too fast...followed olikkas links...then looked at the profile...I remember Eugillon being very good at the exact same games Olikka is...no doubt..and he refers to that infamous threads that led him to be expelled...sorry man in disguise...don't hate on me...but I am intrigued because you seem a very good player thus I expect a decent level of intelligence...and I really can't understand your argument on why BGA would rig games...but maybe u are right and the NWO starts right here on BGA ;)
Baby Woodrose

Post by Baby Woodrose »

yo my friend, I got it, what interest has the NWO? To scout the smartest brains on the planet, so that starts on BGA. At one point, when the smartest come out (like you being nr.1 in several games) they are tested for ADVERSITY! If they can pass the test, which doesn't mean winning, but rather how YOU REACT to ADVERSITY, the NWO picks you up and you disappear, officially dead due to to much playing time on BGA. So, if you complain about luck (which I also do), you don't pass the test, thats why we' re still here. Arrogance and bad behaviour in chat also scores low. So, that is why they manipulate algorythms...at one point it's useless for them that you continue winning, they know U re the best and you have to pass the second and final phase...ADVERSITY...I'm sure we could make a game together with this theme, the NWO theme, and a section on the board where BGA is depicted ,where players need to send their scouts to get the intelligence, Phase I: become nr.1 in several games, Phase II: level up-face ADVERSITY...cheers Eugy...we'll be the next generation BG designers!
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

Olikka wrote: 06 April 2019, 10:21 Jest Phulin, how do you know which book it is ??? :lol:
If you are really interested, it is Feller, William. 1968. An Introduction To Probability Theory And Its Applications. 3rd ed. New York: Wiley.

Happy reading!
Olikka

Post by Olikka »

It's pretty funny, Baby, but why waste so much time writing these useless messages ?

Return to “Discussions”