Choose creature option for Not Alone

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
cream

Choose creature option for Not Alone

Post by cream »

I've noticed that a lot of players do not enjoy playing as the creature, especially players who play it the first time. The creature is essentially the game master, so knowledge and experience of the game is much needed before getting to know what you should do. Some people just find playing creature boring and want to be survivors all the time. However, some players (like me :P ) enjoy being the creature, understands what they've to do, but it's a rare occasion and there's no ways to guarantee the role. From the several games I've played (~ 15 games), it seems to me being the survivors and the creature is totally two different games that can be enjoyed by different people.

So can we have a game option like "the host is always the creature" such that both side of the spectrum can find balance? Let the creature players be creature and let the survivor players be survivors. With a dedicated creature player I'm sure the game would go much faster and will be more enjoyable ( or horrifying :P ) for the survivors too.
tilalilalou

Re: Choose creature option for Not Alone

Post by tilalilalou »

Hi! Yes, that definitely something I want to add to the game :)
tilalilalou

Post by tilalilalou »

The option is now available, enjoy the game!
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

since the update I get red messages whenever I go to the game:

Invalid or missing substitution argument for log message: ${player_name} uses ${begin_card}${card_name}${end_card} to copy ${place_icon} ${place_name}.

https://1.boardgamearena.com/1/notalone?table=50570868
cream

Post by cream »

wow thank you developer! I"m playing as the creature now :P
MasN

Post by MasN »

I notice some people do admin is creature + game design expert variant.
I consider this predatory configuration. Can these options become mutually exclusive?

Return to “Not Alone”