New startup variant suggestion: CHoice between 2 Faction Tiles and 2 Home Worlds

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Gunzilla

New startup variant suggestion: CHoice between 2 Faction Tiles and 2 Home Worlds

Post by Gunzilla »

Hi,

When I'm playing Roll for the Galaxy at home, we use the following startup variant:

- Each player draws 2 Faction tiles and 2 home worlds, then choses which ones he will use for the game, and discards the others.

This variants helps reducing the possibilities of imbalance, when for example a player gets very good starting tiles with a very good synergy, and the other one has medium to bad tiles, and without synergy.

Do you think it would be possible to implement this variant in BGA?

I know that with the base game, there are only 9 faction tile and 9 starting worlds. So this variant could only be used in games up to 4 players.
But when you'll bring us the expansion Ambition this problem will be solved as many more faction tiles and home worlds will be added ;)
toppy2

Re: New startup variant suggestion: CHoice between 2 Faction Tiles and 2 Home Worlds

Post by toppy2 »

I hope this variant will be supported!!
I never want to choose the awful MINING INDUSTRY!!
florentperrier

Re: New startup variant suggestion: CHoice between 2 Faction Tiles and 2 Home Worlds

Post by florentperrier »

I also use this variant at home, and i make this choice also while having already drawn the two starting world/development tiles
gnocchi donkey

Post by gnocchi donkey »

i mentioned this in that chat and never suggested it, and I also do that with 4 being there is 9. the reality is that more than 3 it is too hard to see what others have going on small screen. Well i dont own game but friend did.

Return to “Roll for the Galaxy”