Viewing the card summaries using a touch screen

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Jer3my

Viewing the card summaries using a touch screen

Post by Jer3my »

The card summary information is now hard (or impossible?) to access on a touch screen. If there is a way to access this could someone let me know? It is still very easy on a computer, by simply hovering the mouse over a card to get the box showing details for each card. On a iPad, etc, touch screen it used to be a simple as tapping the card to get a summary, but that’s seems to have recently stopped working. I can’t imagine that this feature was removed intentionally?

This isn’t really important for most cards, except the 6devs where all the information isn’t present on the card.
irakun

Re: Viewing the card summaries using a touch screen

Post by irakun »

Hi!
When I wanted to check the card summary on a touch screen I would just "keep pressing" the card (hold your finger on the card for a while), like when you want to open the options menu of an item in your phone. That worked for me on android. I suppose it is the same on IOS...
Jer3my

Post by Jer3my »

Thanks for letting me know. What you describe is what I used to be able to do on iOS but it seems that something changed a few months ago and this no longer works. I’m curious why 5is might have changed.
chk1975

Post by chk1975 »

I got a tip from the sushi go forums about this.
Double tap and then hold the second tap.
This works flawlessly in sushi go but unfortunately only half the time in rftg.

I tested it further after playing a game in the final situation overview screen.
It worked dor a couple of tries, then stopped working, then after a couple of no shows, it would work again, and after a couple of cards not anymore, and so on.

Any information about this issue drom the developers would be greatly appreciated, lots of people try to play on phones or tablets and encounter this issue.

After a couple of plays you know the cards of sushi ga and this not a problem anymore with rftg...........I need to see card info to be able to play this awesome but very difficult game.
Retired Actuary

Post by Retired Actuary »

The great news is that this has been updated, so now we don’t have to guess or do a side google search on what a card does. The one complication is that the pop-up keeps hovering over resources I’m trying to spend, so I have to click something else to uncover it. Still, MASSIVE improvement.

ETA: actually, it’s also making it hard to select cards from my hand. Hmm.
Retired Actuary

Post by Retired Actuary »

Seems to have been corrected now. :D

Return to “Race for the Galaxy”