boot player

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
sandyk

boot player

Post by sandyk »

when a player been found guilty of a complaint don't allow that player to join tournaments or games created by the complainer
Jest Phulin

Re: boot player

Post by Jest Phulin »

Red thumbs (even the unlimited personal ones) should prevent people from joining a standalone game where that player is already at the table. It doesn't work for tournaments, though, for various reasons.
sandyk

Post by sandyk »

it needs to work..don't want to play w/ said player but they join my tournament games
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

I think the reasoning for allowing red thumb matchups on tournaments goes something like this:
Player Z creates a tournament. Players A and B (who have both red-thumbed each other) join. Several matches are played, and eventually A and B are to play each other for the final.
If the system prevents them from playing, who wins the tournament? If it isn't for the final, but just a preliminary round, who moves on?

Now, this is assuming that Player Z created the tournament. Should it be different if player A or player B created the tournament, disallowing the other from even joining the tournament when there is a good chance (except for a round-robin) that they won't ever face each other? Should it be different if only player A has red-thumbed player B, but B hasn't thumbed A?

Note: I'm not currently voicing support or condemnation on the current method, just showing some of the thought process that led to its enactment. If answers to those questions can be found that please everyone, maybe the system will be changed.
eoc

Post by eoc »

Jest Phulin wrote: 07 May 2019, 07:18 Player Z creates a tournament. Players A and B (who have both red-thumbed each other) join.
The initial scenario, outlined as I understand it, was that a tournament created by Z shall not be accessible to player A if player Z had privately or publicly red-thumbed A before and Z is participating in the tournament.
Tournament matchups between players who didn't create the tournament would be unaffected.

With my understanding above, I support the suggestion! For the reversed case – should I be able to join a tourney whose creator I red-thumbed and who is already signed up – I'll reserve judgement for now. If in this case the creator also red-thumbed me, though, the answer should be a clear no in my opinion.
Silene

Post by Silene »

Are there prestige points or badges for your profile involved in the tournament? In that case it shouldn't be possible to take the chance to join from anyone.
If it's just for fun tournament among friends (no prestige/badges) I guess it should be ok to exclude unwanted players.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
sandyk

Post by sandyk »

still struggling w/ this issue...
Caffe Latte

Post by Caffe Latte »

I would support you on this redthumbing since I have got insulting fan and I meet him/her on tournaments. I just am not reading these table chat and would actually be happy if It could prevent chat at the table.

I know your thread is about creation and joining, I just support you that the feeling you are forced to host redthumbed player is disgusting.
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

This shouldn't be complicated, and there should be no exceptions. If a person is the creator of a tournament, they should get to decide who can and cannot join, and it should at least be an option to forbid people you have red-thumbed from joining.

It's not up to anyone else to decide if their reasons are good enough.

We allow people to create totally private, invite-only tournaments, and it's not a problem, why would this be a problem?

If you make a suggestions in the bug-tracker, I'll support it.

Return to “Suggestions”