Suggestions not taken into account

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
jasgcraps

Suggestions not taken into account

Post by jasgcraps »

I love playing this game a lot, but there aren't many players probably because of the way it works turn-based. If you could just change the way that census are done so that we could choose them all in one go it would really accelerate the gameplay for turn-based and most likely increase the number of players. That suggestion has been submitted already and i know it is not a priority, but it's already been sent out 3 years ago by another user.

Thanks
eoc

Re: Suggestions not taken into account

Post by eoc »

Suggestions that aren't actually suggested anywhere we could check are hard to take into account, or provide feedback on ;-) If you feel like something in the bug tracker (which also tracks suggestions) is close enough to what you have in mind, please vote and lobby for a specific issue, e.g. https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=10641 for census improvement. If no such ticket has been opened yet, please do open one with enough actionable details.

That being said, as a player and observer I agree with the notion that Xidit could indeed greatly benefit from this very simple change to a mechanic's implementation which needlessly drags out both real-time and turn-based play. Auto-census at the end of games, and perhaps a player-toggleable setting to always show all troops – if BGA believes that holding back troops in some scenarios should still be possible and don't want to implement the "one action for determining all numbers which to show" because it slightly changes gameplay. Personally, I do believe the added tactical complexity is not meaningful enough to justify the added action (=time delay) cost,
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

There was this thread:

https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=10001

soon after the game was released (before the bug tracker was also tracking suggestions), and there seemed to be a lot of agreement at the time that it would be a good change (from myself included). But nothing was done.

Unfortunately getting something like that changed requires buy-in from the developer, who was likely a volunteer, and may not be interested in revisiting the code, especially now 2+ years on.

However: I too am in the camp of players who like Lords of Xidit, and would like to play it, but don't because of this issue specifically.
Een

Post by Een »

CB Droege wrote: 27 May 2019, 09:27 Unfortunately getting something like that changed requires buy-in from the developer, who was likely a volunteer, and may not be interested in revisiting the code, especially now 2+ years on.
Yes, this is exactly the case.

Still, as usual, creating a report in our bug/suggestions tracking system and having people vote for it allows to quantify the community interest in that feature and might (but clearly, no certainty there) make the developer more aware of it than occasional forum posts.
asd123321

Post by asd123321 »

I think this should be done and the developer shouldn't own and control this forever. Some things need to be done
regardless and the developer wasn't against it but said the existing games might stop working
Een

Post by Een »

asd123321 wrote: 27 May 2019, 17:36 I think this should be done and the developer shouldn't own and control this forever. Some things need to be done
regardless and the developer wasn't against it but said the existing games might stop working
Well, when another developer volunteers to help on a project not being actively maintained, we coordinate with the previous developer and give the new developer access. Are you volunteering to take over?
jasgcraps

Post by jasgcraps »

Yeah I voted for the suggestion already.
asd123321

Post by asd123321 »

I don't know this programming. How about putting up a list of significant items you are looking for volunteers to work
on?
Een

Post by Een »

asd123321 wrote: 30 May 2019, 01:27 I don't know this programming. How about putting up a list of significant items you are looking for volunteers to work
on?
Do you mean something like this? :D
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13320&p=46532
asd123321

Post by asd123321 »

That is a good start except few see it. I don't have access. Since few play Xidit, it won't be at top of the priorities and would need some one playing it who has the ability and interest to do the programming.

Return to “Lords of Xidit”