More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
boogier

Re: Moving to next table now intermediate window appears

Post by boogier »

BTW: and it DOESN'T look cool... ;)
nanell

Post by nanell »

Caffe Latte wrote: 11 June 2019, 10:59 Hi, is it as expected that now, moving to next turn based table I have to watch 1..4 seconds that interwindow a la game green bar loading? Previously I just switched without any delay.
I'd actually be happy with 1-4 seconds. For me it takes an average of 32 seconds to load the page. I do hope you guys are able to make this new loading process a little faster. I have lost interest waiting for each page to load that I get up and go do something else and come back. At least I got some other things done, but usually this is my relax time. However on the flip side, I do like how it looks to see a picture of the next game, but not during the whole load time, so maybe you can quickly show a picture, then show the game as it is loading. Just a suggestion.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

N_Faker wrote: 12 June 2019, 05:54
Doesn't load for me either.
We had a problem on 3 specific games (Alveole, Tablut and Tiki). It has been fixed now.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

UPDATE:

We just changed the loading screen to take your feedback into account.

The loading screen is here during the strict delay needed to load the images of the game. After that, during the game log history loading, the game is visible so you can start to think about your next move. A loading slider at the top of the screen is showing the progress of the game log history loading (as it can take some time).
Caffe Latte

Post by Caffe Latte »

Cool to see we are heard, thank you, team! I love both commentary on progress bar and logs history separation.

And it has become quicker now. Love it!
Lotus Blossom

Post by Lotus Blossom »

Thanks for listening to our concerns and making changes already! It's much better already
dudi2

Post by dudi2 »

Thank you. It is much better now, better than before the 1st change.
vichy

Post by vichy »

sourisdudesert wrote: 12 June 2019, 15:56 UPDATE:

We just changed the loading screen to take your feedback into account.

The loading screen is here during the strict delay needed to load the images of the game. After that, during the game log history loading, the game is visible so you can start to think about your next move. A loading slider at the top of the screen is showing the progress of the game log history loading (as it can take some time).
great, much better now. thanks for the change

either, would not it really be better to load the log history when someone wants to consult it and not every time a game is loaded? I say it thinking about lightening the connections to the server. Are the logs consulted frequently?
Cappie

Post by Cappie »

Sorry, but the loading screen still makes it a lot slower.
And that is not more than logical, since there has to be opened a large picture and a progression beam.

Please, please, please, please, remove it... please.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Cappie wrote: 13 June 2019, 13:43And that is not more than logical, since there has to be opened a large picture and a progression beam.
The BGA logo on the loading screen is 15KB, the image for Backgammon is 9KB, the other images should be around that too. I have no idea how to find out the data load of the progress bar, but it is likely insignificant.

While this is something, it is hardly a lot.

Return to “Discussions”