ELO system is terrible

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ClimateChangeIsReal

ELO system is terrible

Post by ClimateChangeIsReal »

I don't like the way the ELO ratings work. When I lose, my rating drops 40-80 points in a single game (especially when I am a werewolf, as I lose against like 9 players). When I win, since it treats a win as a tie with everyone on your team, it usually means I don't gain a single point.

It would be better if the ELO system only compared you to the opposite team (so "Tied with [every other winning villager]" doesn't kill your ELO).
eoc

Re: ELO system is terrible

Post by eoc »

See this thread for more discussion on the matter. Basically most people agree with you, so there's hope this might get changed!
7decoeur

Post by 7decoeur »

I question whether displaying ELO is necessary? I suspect a person's ELO can adversely affect his chances of surviving the first night. I've noticed werewolves targeting the player with a higher or the highest ELO. I can understand why because a high ELO implies they are good at solving the case and show more cunning and guile for the win, thus to better the ww chances it is good to dispose of that player as soon as possible before they've even had the chance to speak.
ChameleonBG

Post by ChameleonBG »

Elo is a joke. So anyone can have 100-300+ elo in one day. If I am wolf, I dont pay attention to elo, because it doesnt matter here at least with experienced players.

Return to “The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow”