Politics, religion, and football

Discuss about anything!
Jest Phulin

Politics, religion, and football

Post by Jest Phulin »

Just wondering, of politics, religion, and football, which one causes more heated arguments?
Caffe Latte

Re: Politics, religion, and football

Post by Caffe Latte »

I guess football, since the discussing first two are forbidden by etiquette....
I personally prefer cats over these three.
vichy

Post by vichy »

Jest Phulin wrote: 01 July 2019, 22:50 Just wondering, of politics, religion, and football, which one causes more heated arguments?
in Spain, from a couple of years ago, politics. Tto the point of losing the forms in the debates. Until then without any doubt football. We have had fan clubs that cited with others to fight before a game. Religion seems to me a rather residual debate.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

If it's 'how' heated, then with wars and fighting, it has to be religion. But on an everyday vocal argument then with religion everyone already knows where they stand and so there is not much point in debate. Politics as far as I can tell is one big huge confused mess, if there is an argument then it's just a waste of time IMO. And there shouldn't be any argument with football, just sit back and watch some gifted sporting talents, ignore the rolling on the floor acting.
qwertasdfg

Post by qwertasdfg »

the most heated arguments I have seen were about traffic groups and who behaves worse: cars or bikes
Onesimus99

Post by Onesimus99 »

Caffe Latte wrote: 02 July 2019, 12:19 I guess football, since the discussing first two are forbidden by etiquette....
I personally prefer cats over these three.
Should we keep to etiquettes that exclude (so are non inclusive)?

If we're open to learning and progressing our knowledge and opinions, then why would we not want to engage positively with politics and religion (which are fundamentally about better living together)?

Yes, both topics can be done badly, but would we never play games again after one bad experience?

Return to “Off-topic”